What's new

hmm, I need a chemist. wire help!

Madness.

Loom bands, One Direction, tennis & sub-ohming.

Screenshot_2014-06-30-11-35-07_zpsd5jnaylw.png

My alphabetty spaghetti is telling me to get this Dave.....

Madness.

Loom bands, One Direction, tennis & sub-ohming.

You're back to high chrome content again there 20%

Sent from (who cares) using Planet of the Vapes

Thought nichrome was safe to use? Been used as an alternative to kanthal for ages.
Or are there grades?

Thought nichrome was safe to use? Been used as an alternative to kanthal for ages.
Or are there grades?

Not 100% here but if it ain't advertised as safe for vaping I'd stay clear nichrome for vaping is probably lower in chromium and it's oxides
That's 1 part in 5
May be wrong B1mble

Not 100% here but if it ain't advertised as safe for vaping I'd stay clear nichrome for vaping is probably lower in chromium and it's oxides
That's 1 part in 5
May be wrong B1mble

Might send them an email later on and ask for the correct composition, I really want to try it as it heats up a hell of a lot faster

Might send them an email later on and ask for the correct composition, I really want to try it as it heats up a hell of a lot faster

Yeah mate it's one thing dodging exploding batts another entirely inhaling heavy metals
Or is that van halen heavy.......
;)

My alphabetty spaghetti is telling me to get this Dave.....

The voices in my head tell me to do things all the time. I don't listen to them. Yes you do you liar. No he doesn't. Why did you have to join in, no one asked you. Oh Christ it's him. Hey lay off him, he's one of the decent ones. Yea, lay off him. If you're all going to get on at me I'll hold my breath. Good luck with that when there's twelve of us breathing. Why don't we make him kill people? Oh yes, that's something we can all get behind. A killing spree? Woohoo! We haven't done that for ages.

I wouldn't want to vape Chromium other than trace amounts @Raguri. There are different types of Chromium and some are more dangerous than others, Chromium 6 is a bit of a nasty bastard and particularly risky through inhalation.

A little amount in kanthal is a different beast to a pure chromium wire IMO - if it was from @stealthvape though I am sure Rob has done his research and will be able to tell you if it is trivalent Cr or hexavalent cr

No hexavalent in our wire "Based on the preformed tests on submitted samples, the results of Lead, Mercury, Cadmium, Hexavalent chromium, Polybrominated biphenlys (PBB). Polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDE) comply with the limits as set by RoHS Directive 2011/65/EU Annex II; recasting 2002/95EC

You have to be fussy about metals as the human body isn't especially good at getting rid of them.

I'd looked into alternative wires during the titanium times. The only other two that were potentials were manganese and platinum. Turned out manganese isn't good health wise but platinum should be perfect. The problem with platinum is that it's expensive to start off with and only seems to really be used as a component in an electron microscope iirc so has a medical use premium added making it by far the most expensive vape you'll every have.

Back
Top Bottom