What's new

First hand unscientific thoughts of AW batteries vs Efest

i sanyo laptop battery pack fell in my lap this weekend ..upon raping its contents i have 6x sanyo ur18650 a ..2250 mah ....today with a fully charged battery after 8 hrs at work i tested the battery and it still shows 4.0 volts ,,,, viva la laptop battery ...trouble is i`m powering an omega @ 0.6 ohms ....risky or what :/

Added information about the VTC5 to the original post, I am now recharging it again and will repeat to see if I get anything different - I don't believe I will though.

Sony wins, then AW and finally the Efest - badged amp limit does not necessarily equal the highest performance just based on my experience. Again though this was specifically a high drain, low resistance setup that I wanted to see how they compared in use.

For some reason the 30 amp efests perform better than the 35... no idea why, they just do.

Not wishing to go off topic guys but where are you getting the VTC5's from?

A lot of the way batteries perform has to do with the shape and size of the cathode element of the battery, Higher peak current capacities usually result in lower runtimes though, That the purple Efests run out quicker isnt a great shock but then again I was sceptical about the mAh rating on them in the first place. My guess is they are rebadged cells that dont quite make the grade for another manufacturers High drain runtime tests but are ok otherwise. Lithium battery manufacture is still a bit hit and miss quality wise...

I have been using the purple 35amp efset in my SVD, paired with the aerotank, using a 1.6 ohm dual coil, also charged in the i4 intelicharger.
I am not impressed either with its performance as it seems to only last a day, and surely that can't be right ???????

Monkey see monkey do

ONLY a day? Mate your doing well if a battery lasts you a day. I go through 2 2100 mah sony vtc4s in a day and that's without any pulsing etc.

Back
Top Bottom