What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Electrical shocks /voltage leaks with mechanical mods whilst sub-ohm.

zookeeper

Initiate
Hi All ,
I like 0.3-0.5ohm builds and use purple efests 18650's, 2500mah. The problem is so far every telescopic mechanical mod I have tried and the nemesis "types" either is getting extremely hot in the body or it is downright leaking voltage and shocks. Getting quite fed up with it and it hurts.

Can anybody recommend a 18650 mechanical mod good for 0.2-0.5 sub-ohm that wont cause me pain? Either in body (or wallet)

Cheers

An electric shock from a 4v battery is very unlikely
I should know I've had them all from 230v ac to 600v dc and in between

Sent from (who cares) using Planet of the Vapes

I got a 415ac hit on right hand pinky thought someone had kicked me In the chest (I glove up now unless it's 24 dc)

Sent from my D6503 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Most painful electric shock I ever received was from the casing of a flashgun that had a few raindrops on it. It may only have been powered by 4 AA's but let me tell you, when those capacitors let rip they *really* pack a punch:eek:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

... hate to say it but, when you build low, I wouldn't trust a clone.
Clone chi you- melted spring at 0.2 ohms.
Clone launcher- melted spring at 0.3 ohms, swapped fir magnets, overheating switch.
Genuine brass Stingray- pushed down to 0.06 , nout wrong with it.

Also, don't go telescopic. Get a single body tube, no extension Crap etc. Any Bad threads add resistance points.

Cheers, I will have a look at the stingray. I just liked telescopic as easy to fit all batteries, without mucking about with tubes, nemesis clone was the best so far but not great.

Cheers, I will have a look at the stingray. I just liked telescopic as easy to fit all batteries, without mucking about with tubes, nemesis clone was the best so far but not great.

Cloud chasing and sub ohming, only use 650s. ;). No need for Tele

Hi All ,
I like 0.3-0.5ohm builds and use purple efests 18650's, 2500mah. The problem is so far every telescopic mechanical mod I have tried and the nemesis "types" either is getting extremely hot in the body or it is downright leaking voltage and shocks. Getting quite fed up with it and it hurts.

Can anybody recommend a 18650 mechanical mod good for 0.2-0.5 sub-ohm that wont cause me pain? Either in body (or wallet)

Cheers

It worries me that you are describing the experience as the mod leaking voltage.

The problem you are expeiencing sounds like you are having a short, regardless of mod.

So your problem is the build of your coil and/or your atty.

This thread would benefit from pictures of the builds, the ohm reading and the mods.

x

Hi All ,

Cheers

having thought further on this it may be worthwhile checking your battery voltage when charged
it is conceivable that your charger "may" be overcharging your batteries....unlikely but possible....

Back
Top Bottom