What's new

Eagle Tank by Vape Geek issues

jude27

Postman
The Eagle has landed lol, and I must say so far, disappointed, I really love my griffin I find it easy to build and wick on and gives good flavour and clouds and other than the small capacity it perfect, so first chance I got bagged an Eagle.
when it arrived with 2 hbc coils heads I went for the single S03 ss tc .2 ohm and after getting the setting right on my smok h-priv , a large amount of juice appeared on the legs of my trousers, bugger, stripped it down and it was collecting in the bottom, must be the wicking, fiddled about rewicked fiddled some more ok for a while then leaking again,.and then thought fuck it I'll rebuild it. twisted kanthal .5 ohm no leaks but really tight draw could be as its only got the 1 air hole on the deck of the single coil, so ok lets try the dual coils clapton thingy .2 ohms, better draw, up to 53 watts and no burnt taste, but not the best flavour, very harsh on a juice I regularly use to sub ohm and coughing like no buggers business , turned the mod from norm to soft start mode, still coughing, wtf this tank has been raved about, So if any of you has the Eagle whats your opinion ? what setting are you using? help please otherwise its going in the classifieds

The Eagle has landed lol, and I must say so far, disappointed, I really love my griffin I find it easy to build and wick on and gives good flavour and clouds and other than the small capacity it perfect, so first chance I got bagged an Eagle.
when it arrived with 2 hbc coils heads I went for the single S03 ss tc .2 ohm and after getting the setting right on my smok h-priv , a large amount of juice appeared on the legs of my trousers, bugger, stripped it down and it was collecting in the bottom, must be the wicking, fiddled about rewicked fiddled some more ok for a while then leaking again,.and then thought fuck it I'll rebuild it. twisted kanthal .5 ohm no leaks but really tight draw could be as its only got the 1 air hole on the deck of the single coil, so ok lets try the dual coils clapton thingy .2 ohms, better draw, up to 53 watts and no burnt taste, but not the best flavour, very harsh on a juice I regularly use to sub ohm and coughing like no buggers business , turned the mod from norm to soft start mode, still coughing, wtf this tank has been raved about, So if any of you has the Eagle whats your opinion ? what setting are you using? help please otherwise its going in the classifieds
Got an eagle a few weeks ago, had problems with both coils leaking but both fine after rewicking, issues I have is its a really hot vape, can't take much wattage, drinks the juice ridiculously and the tank gets so hot you can't touch it after 10 pulls. Was hoping for so much on this tank but after 3 days it's in the vape tool box

I got the dual coil clapton going ok as you say can't take very high watts coil took ages( 2 days) to bed in so to speak. when that needs changing think I'll go for a bit higher ohms build in it. The single coil ss doest have enough air flow for my vaping style so thats staying in the box, not very impressed after all the good reviews I read

some one in my local B&M got the eagle, yes it leaked once on him but after we cleaned it out and refilled it, he put it on the tesla invader 3 set to around 4.4v (0.15 ohm coil) so 130w and the flavour was better than some drippers

I find mine leaks occasionally when I've fiddled with the juice control. It took me ages to realise juice control was done by turning the glass tank. Never read the instructions for anything so that was my issue. Only thing is if you hadn't got everything nailed down and screwed up tight you can turn other parts at the same time as adjusting juice flow. Just needs a little understanding and patience. Oh and don't fiddle whilst pissed you'll end up with a lap full of juice.. Not geek apes fault that though... The Eagle does a lot and as such deserves a bit of care in the handling.. It's defiantly a female sub ohm tank!

I got mine yesterday and was excited after reading all great reviews online. 3 hours in and it started leaking out of the bottom airflow!! Done a bit of reading up and before you fill up close air & juice holes. Fill her up then tip upside down open air and juice hole to let some air circulate, close them and turn back right way up. Open air hole to your preference then open juice hole. As of yet I have not had the leaking issue again. Hope this helps

I got mine since last November and it does not leaks on me since the problem solved till today, when I use it right out of the box, yes it leaks badly and I try rewicking it, it gets better but will leaks badly overnight till I didn't dare to put it on a mod overnight, then I dig deeper to find a solution to stop the leak. It doesn't entirely leaks because of the wicking, as long as your wick covers the juice hole it won't leak, it more about the tank vacumm system, for me aftrer changing the o ring at the on top of the tank I put it not only overnight, even weeks it still won't leak. Image attached below.
IMG_20170430_104227.jpg
IMG_20170430_104227.jpg

Yeah', I was disappointed with mine. Eventually sent it back.

Life's too short to make do with inferior vape gear.

I had a similar problem with mine leaking, but I found on mine that you had to REALLY screw the coils in or you could watch the juice drain out! I also found that the juice controls needed to be shut when filling or you might as well pour juice down your trousers! Haven't used mine for a while though (moved on to a Kylin)

Back
Top Bottom