What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Dual coil sub ohming

deepsrepus

Postman
at present I'm using a trident v2 single coil setup of:
twisted 28 gauge kanthal, 5 wraps with a 2mm diameter reading on my itaste at 0.5 ohms. now here is my question if I were to stick another coil in with the exact same specs, would I get more vapour or less, because wouldn't it technically increase the resistance?

It would reduce the resistance to 0.25ohms pulling more power from the battery so you should get more vapour as long as your airholes are big enough.

Sent from somewhere deep and dark in the mod making pit!

It would reduce the resistance to 0.25ohms pulling more power from the battery so you should get more vapour as long as your airholes are big enough.

Purple efests should be able to handle that right? I checked Ohms law and got 14.8 Amps and the efest has a drain of 35A wouldn't mind someone double checking my maths though

Purple efests should be able to handle that right? I checked Ohms law and got 14.8 Amps and the efest has a drain of 35A wouldn't mind someone double checking my maths though

More vapour. More heat. Yep will handle it fine :)

They'll do the job. 0.25ohms, 17amps, 70watts

They'll do the job. 0.25ohms, 17amps, 70watts

I've just finished the build at it's coming out at .28 ohms, but my battery is getting really quite warm, I've stopped using it for now but should I be worried?

I've just finished the build at it's coming out at .28 ohms, but my battery is getting really quite warm, I've stopped using it for now but should I be worried?

0.28? Using purple efests?!
Jesus, that should not be getting warm.
What mod are you using?
Are you sure it's battery and not mod?
Clean contacts, if you're using a telescopic clean the telescopic threads of any gunk.
I'm using purple efests at quite a lot lower... no warmth.

0.28? Using purple efests?!
Jesus, that should not be getting warm.
What mod are you using?
Are you sure it's battery and not mod?
Clean contacts, if you're using a telescopic clean the telescopic threads of any gunk.
I'm using purple efests at quite a lot lower... no warmth.

A Private V2
I'll give it a clean now

Took it to pieces gave it a thorough clean, not as warm but still reasonably so. :/

Back
Top Bottom