What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Disposing of 4S Lipo Battery

andipandi

Legend
Wasn't sure where to post this :hmm:

Anyway, I have a Turnigy 4S 2200mah ( Nominal voltage 14.8v) Lipo that is beyond recovery, it has discharged to a reading of 1.6volts, as read via a multi-meter. It's not swollen or out of shape, I know there are ways to attempt to recover it, see vid below - just a discussion point really. I'm not going to attempt that, I just need to dispose of it safely. Can I just bin / recycle bin it, as the voltage is so low?

Tape ends and take to recycling place. Or..........

I usually chuck mine in a bucket of salt water for a few weeks then bin. That advice have changed by now.

Tape ends and take to recycling place. Or..........

I usually chuck mine in a bucket of salt water for a few weeks then bin. That advice have changed by now.

I've read conflicting views about that one. I'll probably take it to Aldi later and bin it.

Better taking to a council tip as they usualy have large bins for old batterys unlike aldi's bins

I've still got it, I went to Aldi but it seemed dangerous to bin a lipo amongst all those other batteries (and people). I still don't know how it discharged down to that voltage, it's six months old but only been charged about 10 times, I'm a bit miffed tbh.

I've still got it, I went to Aldi but it seemed dangerous to bin a lipo amongst all those other batteries (and people). I still don't know how it discharged down to that voltage, it's six months old but only been charged about 10 times, I'm a bit miffed tbh.
In a bucket forget about it for a while..

Back
Top Bottom