Innokin
What's new

Confused or Cautious New Mech User

Does a vape at .20 or so differ so much from .50? I really don't get this sort of vaping.

"Is driving a 300bhp V8 so different from driving a 60hp twin? depends whether you have the throttle wide open in both cases!"

If you're using a regulated device there's not much difference as you have control over what power gets to the atomiser. The mechs have a binary throttle (full power or nothing) so getting the build right to get what YOU personally want from the vape to get the best from the single battery is the challenge (and it is a very different and satisfying experience that takes a bit of adjustment)

If you get the build wrong expect a dismal vape or a burnt lip/tongue - get it right and it's smugsville with the best flavour.

Going below 0.15 ohms for me isn't pleasurable though, too hot and very quick pulls - 0.18 to 0.25 is my personal sweet spot for the mechs I own.

Elux
Does a vape at .20 or so differ so much from .50? I really don't get this sort of vaping.

For me yes, its the difference between 30ish watts and 80ish watts so it is the difference between too much power for my preferred style of vaping and way too much power. I am much happier arround 20 watts on my drippers and a bit less on a tank.

A vape at 0.2 lor 0.5 really does make a f***ton of difference.

I'm loving my mech and the amount of attention it forces me to pay to my vaping, now I wouldn't vape any other way.

AcmeFog
If you're not seeing any difference I'd question your builds, or perhaps your regulated mod just cant handle what your giving it.

Whatever, you're in safe hands here.

As someone that only uses mechs, what I do not understand is why so many mech users want to push their mech batteries to their safety limits and beyond. Battery sag means it becomes increasingly inefficient the lower you build and if shit goes wrong then it it is likely to go wrong much quicker when the battery is being pushed hard. If I wanted to vape 0.2 ohm or below (I don't) I would be much happier with a twin parallel mech.

Royal Flush Vape
As someone that only uses mechs, what I do not understand is why so many mech users want to push their mech batteries to their safety limits and beyond. Battery sag means it becomes increasingly inefficient the lower you build and if shit goes wrong then it it is likely to go wrong much quicker when the battery is being pushed hard. If I wanted to vape 0.2 ohm or below (I don't) I would be much happier with a twin parallel mech.

That's what I was getting at with my post, although I'm pleased to see I got plenty of advice [emoji106]

Back
Top Bottom