What's new

cloud off.

After suffering a few cotton dry hits, I swapped to voodoo wool as it's also a brilliant wick material that leaves no taste.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Simple way to power mentally low ohm builds safely, get out the soldering iron and build a box mod with 4 x 1000 MaH lipo cells in parallel (each cell is 20 C rated) My latest box mod runs 0.3 ohm builds for 30 hours, or let's me build coils down below 0.1 ohms if I could find some way to stop the heat buildup in the 14awg cables detaching the soldered connections.

Sent by lazer from just north of the world's largest nuclear dustbin

Is there any chance of you building ones to sell? :p

Is there any chance of you building ones to sell? :p

If I were to build them to sell, I'd need to improve on their appearance. The soldering often looks like a seagull shit some blobs of shiny metal in nearly the right place, the wiring would need tidied up as both boxes now have several"misses" with a hot iron demonstrated by the lump of insulating tape over them, etc. Because they contain lipo cells, which can fail dramatically I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if a customers box vented and torched them/their home. I could replace the lipos with parallel 18650's, but then the box loses some of their practicality. Ask again in a couple of months as by then I'll have settled on the exact locations of the cells/cables/510/switch etc and won't need to open them up once built.

posted by an idiot via [email protected] ohms:P

If I were to build them to sell, I'd need to improve on their appearance. The soldering often looks like a seagull shit some blobs of shiny metal in nearly the right place, the wiring would need tidied up as both boxes now have several"misses" with a hot iron demonstrated by the lump of insulating tape over them, etc. Because they contain lipo cells, which can fail dramatically I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if a customers box vented and torched them/their home. I could replace the lipos with parallel 18650's, but then the box loses some of their practicality. Ask again in a couple of months as by then I'll have settled on the exact locations of the cells/cables/510/switch etc and won't need to open them up once built.

about the mosfets....id be tempted to use copper tube crimps on the source and drain legs and solder the gate only....
just a thought

about the mosfets....id be tempted to use copper tube crimps on the source and drain legs and solder the gate only....
just a thought

Thought up a fix, involves spending a little more cash though as my"stock" of copper brake pipe has vanished. Simply slide a leg of the mosfet into the tubing and crimp then solder. Then slide some silicon tube over the brake pipes and bingo, extremely high power electrical pathways.

Thought up a fix, involves spending a little more cash though as my"stock" of copper brake pipe has vanished. Simply slide a leg of the mosfet into the tubing and crimp then solder. Then slide some silicon tube over the brake pipes and bingo, extremely high power electrical pathways.

sounds good.....heatsinks would keep the fets happy though....as you are no doubt aware
TO 220 style are easier to 'sink...

10413182_325396754282171_126268898_a.jpg
This one of yours Sam ? :D Raguri

when my mephisto and akuma arrive ill do a new video :P

.... -insert shift eyes here-.
Bring.it on ;).
So, my current cloud chucker was around 40 quid retail... would be good to see how it goes against the big boys using 0.5 kanthal

Back
Top Bottom