Sub-Ohm Warning!

Readers who are building very low ohm coils must be aware of the risks in regards to batteries and inhalation.
Please read THIS POST for more information.

POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register
  1. The POTV Charity Fundraising Event for 2019 is go! Check out the prizes and make your donations here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Cloud Chasing" Coil Build for MTL ?!

Discussion in 'Cloud Chasing & Sub Ohming' started by mymacy, Sep 2, 2017.

1. mymacy

mymacy New Member

Hey guys..

I know usually its more like "What is the best MTL flavour build?" or "What is the best DL Cloud Chasing build?".. however.. im a bit weird.. i dont care about flavour.. i used the same flavour for 2 years straight now :-D.. i really like thick and dense clouds.. but at the same time i really love the throat hit and style of MTL vaping.. you know.. taking several drags like im smoking an oldschool pipe or something ^^

so i would like to have the maximum possible vapour production (especially density/thickness) while still using the MTL technique. I already tried different builds on my MTL atomizers (kayfun lite and subtank mini rba with reduced airhole) but even tho i recognise significant differences betweend builds, i dont seem to understand the pattern yet. It seems to be very different compared to the DL Rules. You cant just increase Surface Area/Wire Thickness/Wattage/Airflow and get more Vapour.

Is there anybody out there who is not a flavour chaser but more of a cloud chasing MTLer ? :-D Any adivce would be appreciated! Also, do the newer MTL Tanks (Nicolas, Siren etc.) produce better results?

EDIT: BTW im aware that one can never achieve the vapour production of DL with a MTL Style. Still i would like achieve the maximum possible.

2. Smoggy

Smoggy Mod Maker

I use a coolfire with isub apex tank.and can achieve mtl decent clouds with a 2ohm coil set at 13watts. And can achieve the same amount of cloud as a 0.5ohm coil set at 33 watts. Like you i like the throught hit with a good cloud. The liquide could also help with that. Again i use 60pg 40vg. Try it you may be suprised. Hope that helps.

3. pal1dan

pal1dan Postman

if the air flow is there it should be possible

have been trying this with a Russian 2.0 and its just not got the air flow for clouds
    tbh sub ohm on it was fun but to far to hot

4. monstermash

monstermash Achiever

I would think you're starting point would be high VG juice...