What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Clapton coil wire?

big john

Postman
Hiya guys
I make my own coils for my mtl I'm now looking at making some clapton coils for my mongrel on my squonk.can anybody recommend which wire I need please I'm around 0.17ohms tia

A SS316L 22AWG Core with a 32AWG wrap 3.5mm ID, 5 wraps will come in at about 0.2ohms.

upload_2021-12-15_9-59-30.png

Personally, I would go with something a bit more complex in the Mongrel it will benefit from a chunkier coil. Flat or fused Clapton at the least.

If you want a single coil as low as 0.17 I would be careful of flat claptons as chunky single core wires can retain heat for a long time.

A 4 wrap 3mm i.d. 26-3/36 Ni80 Clapton will be at 0.18 ohms, or a 5 wrap at around 0.22 if you consider going a little higher.

If you want a single coil as low as 0.17 I would be careful of flat claptons as chunky single core wires can retain heat for a long time.

A 4 wrap 3mm i.d. 26-3/36 Ni80 Clapton will be at 0.18 ohms, or a 5 wrap at around 0.22 if you consider going a little higher.
Thankyou

Unless you're using a mech, I wouldn't get too hung up on the resistance of your coil. Resistance is ultra important on a mech because it determines your power level. On a regulated mod? Meh. Just turn the wattage up or down to suit.

Last edited:
I agree, currently running a 3.5ID SS316 Juggernaught in the Mongrel on a topside dual at the moment 0.5ohm at 50W, vaping great with custard. :P

A simple 2 x 26awg, wrapped with 36awg all NI80. nice size wires to build with and a good all round coil. Decent cotton is your friend with these types of coils

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom