What's new

Clapton coil HELP

DeanSummercales

Initiate
20161026_220917.jpeg

Just made my first clapton duel coil and im really worried it might be unsafe as when i hit 5 times in a tow the full mod and rda is extremely hot is this normal using the goon rda and Smok alien 220 mod ?

If the Resistance is OK - ie the mod isn't saying Ohms to low or some such thing, then you're most likely safe. Depending on what wattage you're vaping at, the Goon (or any RDA) can get very hot, do check that your batteries are up to the job (You'd need something like Samsung 25r's in the Alien) but if your batteries are OK then expect the mod to get pretty warm as well due to thermal conduction from the atty...

As @Tubbyengineer has sed as long as your box is not reading ohms too low or atomiser short then you should be fine, I run a mad hatter v2 on a cuboid from time to time with some alien coils in it and 2 Samsung 30q's and the full mod can get hot if I'm chain vaping it due to stress but iv never had a problem other than my drip tip getting so hot I can't put it to my lips, it's s regulated mod mate if it didn't like it I'm sure it would tell you the only thing I would say is when it gets hot take your cells out and check the temp of them I did and although the mod was hot the cells was fine [emoji3]

Cells as in batterys ? Of so when a take them out there not hot in anyway but they are warm but thst is normal aint it ?

Cells as in batterys ? Of so when a take them out there not hot in anyway but they are warm but thst is normal aint it ?
Yes warm is OK for batteries, if you've been vaping for a few minutes at high wattages they will be warm - Its when they edge over into hot that you need to be careful. So Mod and atty hot - batteries just warm is fine - Perfectly normal for higher wattage vaping and is something you'll get used to with a little time, and once you're used to it you'll also know straight away if something isn't as it should be...

Back
Top Bottom