What's new

Can't anyone recommend me a good build for a complete newbie to dripping??

ZeroBass87

Postman
So, I recently won a giveaway on here (thanks @AceMelon!) which is a coiling kit and a Ivogo velocity rdta!

So, as a complete newbie to building coils, can anyone suggest me a decent first build?
I've seen @old farts tutorial on the stickies, so will probably try that out first, but any other suggestions?

The only mod I own is a cool fire IV+ 70w, and I've read it can fire down to 0.1ohms... Not looking to go below 0.5 or so until I know roughly what I'm doing!!
Thanks in advance [emoji106]
Fire away Apes!

It depends on what you want from your dripper and how much your lungs can take.

If you just want to test juices, then around 6-7 wraps of 0.4 Kanthal round a 3mm bit will give you a nice thick coil around 1 ohm.

No doubt you will want to try some major cloud blowing, so a couple of pre-built Claptons at 0.5 ohms each will do the trick. If you want to stick with Kanthal, a pair of 0.5mm coils, 10 wraps each round a 3mm bit will work just as well.

I'm using a iSub apex tank at the moment, and mainly direct lung inhaling so my lungs should be OK (I hope haha) Cheers, I'll give them a go. Luckily I have a pretty good vape shop down the road so I can get some tips and tricks from the guys there too.

22gauge kanthal with 6/7 wraps at 2.5mm should run about .22ohms. Nice and juice vape with clouds. But try different things (safely).... everyone has their own tastes.

A simple kanthal coil will suffice (or two depending on the atty), use 0.4 or 0.5 wire and go for 8 wraps per coil, prettiness isn't essential just as long as you don't get hot spots...

Back
Top Bottom