What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Breathing technique help please

nikki from mars

Achiever
Ok... so long story short. Having smoked for over 20 years using the old standard mouth to lung inhale I seem to find it impossible to breathe direct to lungs when vaping resulting when I try it in vapour hitting the back of the throat and me coughing my lungs up or retching. I can vape 36mg and higher pg via the old smokers method no problems but even 100% vg with no nic causes this problem. Can anyone offer some advice or help on this please as I want to be able to have the satisfaction of blowing small (ish) clouds of vapour, as psychologically I think it will help me to finally stop smoking and currently is holding me back.. I have gone ahead and ordered what I need to safely build cloudy... now I just need to nail my breathing technique so I can get over this mental block.

Time and perservierence, I did exactly the same thing but over a reletivly short period of time I managed to sort that out,

I found high airflow like that of the nauty on the biggest air hole also helped me get it down to an art

I seem to remember high airflow helping me. Get those holes wide open :)

I still mouth to lung most of the time, but with a 0.4ohm coil in my dripper I am still blowing out pretty good plumes of vapour. Airflow is really the key, and that kind of slow exhale like your just going to let it hang in front of your face, gives a pretty dense and visible cloud.

I'm far from being the biggest chaser but id say start small. And maybe even without pressing the fire button. Just put your vape in your mouth and DONT suck. Just breath in. Get a feel for breathing through your tank/rda. After you feel comfy doing this press the button for a short time but inhale deeply. Gradually press the button for longer. Id also suggest standing up lean slightly forward. When you inhale deeply stand up. This will drag more air/vapor on to your lungs

also dont seal your lips tightly around the drip tip ,so you pull surrounding air into the mix .helps to make lung hits easier

I still mouth to lung most of the time, but with a 0.4ohm coil in my dripper I am still blowing out pretty good plumes of vapour. Airflow is really the key, and that kind of slow exhale like your just going to let it hang in front of your face, gives a pretty dense and visible cloud.

cheeks.jpg

This is definitely a case of a mental block, like people who have trouble swallowing pills.

Straight to lung doesn't really involve a throat hit - if you breathe in very quickly the airflow bypasses the back of the throat and with no nicotine it should be the same as breathing in the fumes from a cooking pot.

Try it with the driptip in the side of your mouth it worked for me and also try it at lower watts and gradually build up the watts or try with less inhale and gradually build that up too.... Me i have driptip to the side of mouth and inhale fairly fast and long and can get a shit load of vapour now, also what juice you vaping on can also help towards a harsh throuat hit, i use RA (10% ) and rest is just VG ,, practice practice practice

Sent from a vape cloud using Planet of the Vapes

Some good advice so far - I really struggled with this, until I got the Plume Veil and opened up all the airholes and used a 6mg high VG liquid - it almost happened by accident, as you take in som much vapour (due to the large amount of air) and it sort of automatically goes straight into your lungs

It is now 2nd nature, even when reducing the air mix - but was strange to start with

I wouldn't advise it with high nic though

Air was the key for me

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom