What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

best mech for chasing?

Is there a clone you'd recommend? Because its for very low resistance I don't want to risk it with badly made gear.

I will let you into a little secret....im using a copper nemi clone and the little sods never said not to! Mind you, its ok, holding up, but I wont push as low as the guys will (yet).
Raguri VeeDubZ - can you recommend one?

I will let you into a little secret....im using a copper nemi clone and the little sods never said not to! Mind you, its ok, holding up, but I wont push as low as the guys will (yet).
Raguri VeeDubZ - can you recommend one?

Manhattan clone.
Nemmie in coppers alright, but the switches are shit. Do need to be religious cleaning it.

Manhattan clone.
Nemmie in coppers alright, but the switches are shit. Do need to be religious cleaning it.

Aye. I have a as nemmy clone. Love it, but put it at 0.4ohms and the switch overheats like hell.

Edit: any Manhattan clone you'd recommend? A link would be useful

Last edited:
Manhattan clone from angelfiremods just over £30 iirc or something like the copper penny clone from the same place.

You want a single copper tube with solid copper contacts, magnets are preferred.

It doesn't make a difference between a clone or a genuine really. Just cost and potential quality control issues with some but the quality of the mods from angelfiremods are top notch.
Miss Pepper the copper nemesis isn't technically a clone as there is no original one....

I have a copper nemesis clone from Matt(M-Vapes)on the forum too,kindly removed all the engraving to make it a copper tube & included the magnets in the switch.The switch doesn't get hot,my only issue with it is all the sections are a swine to clean/keep clean(and the bloody thing loves to make my hands smell like a thieving banker)I only use it occasionally as a result.The rest of the time I use a lipo box mod I built(pity it can't be used in a competition)as the lipo battery pack will fire 0.3 ohm coils for 30+ hours and suffers just 0.1V drop,or a 0.12 ohm build with just 0.5(ish) drop for easily about 12 hours.I've been testing different setups for the internals of the boxes,my 14AWG cables(from model shop)are easiest to build,the copper brake pipe as "wires" are a bastard to build,but are very robust(dropped it several times yet the lipo pack didn't budge)and the latest version has some solid copper 2mm wires(installed yesterday)but still suffers a 0.5V drop at 0.12 ohms so I'm thinking the problem isn't actually the wiring but possibly the 4000 MaH lipo pack(though each 1000 MaH cell is 20C rated)or the mosfet. I'm thinking up a mechanical switch that would fit within the Hammond enclosure,but it would need to be very robust/yet easily created with barely any tools(my shed has never been extensively stocked) Trying to figure this out during the warm weather just causes headaches,so stroll on winter :P

Yeah, the effect of pure copper with smell etc. worries me. So I think I might patina it and then seal it. Would give it a nice look and would also seal in all the smells

The copper nem stinks! Quick blast for cloud chasing and back to steel!

Thought about using a glove but i would look like a numpty lol

stingray x clone - copper inner tube, coated in steel i think, so not such a pain to keep clean as the normal copper/ brass stingrays.
also the voltage drop is something like 0.1 under load.
nice switch too

Back
Top Bottom