What's new

Best Coil for Clouds

I'm quite liking flattened twisted .6 running duals, coming out to 0.14 and it's seriously chucking the clouds. The flattened twister wire looks like this and is piss easy to do

The theory behind it is that the grooves will hold extra juice allowing even more to be vaped off, my favourite coils to date, so much I've twisted .4 and flattened that too, running a single coil 6 wraps around 2mm driver comes out to 0.13 and it's crazy at chucking for a single coil

*Looks at the gplat 20awg I have left*

*Looks at mephisto post holes*

*Slowly backs away from the wire and drill*

more, thicker wire will take longer to heat up, you have to prime them up to temp using a standard mech mod... starts pondering about a 100-200W box mod...

Yeah, I thought it may have been the amount of metal, but it also may be that one of the coils may have shorted when i was installing them. I'll have to get in there and check.
But yeah, I have found myself hitting the firing button a few times before i take my hits to heat up the coils some haha

Sent from my Prism II using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Lmao pretty much the exact same thing ran through my mind mate :P although I ended up in my car on the way to B&Q to go drill shopping hahahah

IrishHobo pretty much the same way you'd build any twisted wire except when you're done you use some flat pliers (those curved ones make it easier) to squeeze and run over the wire whilst slowly (snails pace) firing the drill, you'll know when you're doing it right cause the pliers will automatically start moving slowly down the wire :D
bbf90b two pieces of wire twisted mate :) the build in the pic is with .32 but I've been using .6 to hit the low low ohms, you can use two or one based on your personal preference. I have a twisted n flattened .4 wire running single coil in my mephisto and a plumeveil so you should be fine mate for fitting it in there. In my other mephisto I have dual flattened n twisted .6, 5 wraps on a 2mm driver spits it out at 0.13 ohms :)

The sad part is.. I would do it /facepalm

Lmao pretty much the exact same thing ran through my mind mate :P although I ended up in my car on the way to B&Q to go drill shopping hahahah

IrishHobo pretty much the same way you'd build any twisted wire except when you're done you use some flat pliers (those curved ones make it easier) to squeeze and run over the wire whilst slowly (snails pace) firing the drill, you'll know when you're doing it right cause the pliers will automatically start moving slowly down the wire :D
bbf90b two pieces of wire twisted mate :) the build in the pic is with .32 but I've been using .6 to hit the low low ohms, you can use two or one based on your personal preference. I have a twisted n flattened .4 wire running single coil in my mephisto and a plumeveil so you should be fine mate for fitting it in there. In my other mephisto I have dual flattened n twisted .6, 5 wraps on a 2mm driver spits it out at 0.13 ohms :)

Alright then, i will acquire some money and go get some ribbon wire and ATTEMPT THIS BUILD!!!!!!
But as a broke college kid the acquiring money part may be a bit difficult.. >.> oh well, ill get there XD its just wire haha not too expensive

Or, you know, Tutterz could build me a couple and send them to me [; haha

Alright then, i will acquire some money and go get some ribbon wire and ATTEMPT THIS BUILD!!!!!!

You'll just want normal kanthal for this mate :) .6 if you're wanting below .2 ohms and normal .32 if you're wanting a build with a higher resistance

Tutterz I could have sworn you said ribbon somewhere XDD or maybe I'm confusing with what irishHobo said haha my bad.
Well, I have about 60 feet of 26g kanthal at home.. So I just need a drill >.>
But I'm confused on the flattening part of this, how does one go about flattening the wire after its twisted??

Last edited:
@IrishHobo pretty much the same way you'd build any twisted wire except when you're done you use some flat pliers (those curved ones make it easier) to squeeze and run over the wire whilst slowly (snails pace) firing the drill, you'll know when you're doing it right cause the pliers will automatically start moving slowly down the wire :D

After taking a trip to the shed my reel of kanthal is awfully low so I ended up having to make do with 3 strands of 28 gauge twisted and flattened. Dual coil with 5 wraps around a 2mm drill bit is coming in at .24 which is a little higher than I'd hoped :( Will have to make do until next week as I'm completely out of wire now but I'll post results once I get this wicked.

I've literally just now over the past 30 minutes made up a few coils using this method. Basically you go about it exactly the same was as a normal twisted build. Grab yourself a set of pliers and if you look at the jaws you'll see little horizontal grooves. Stick your pliers to the bottom of your newly twisted wire, grip gently and slowly rotate the wire. You'll notice the pliers gradually move up the length of the wire flattening out the grooves :D

Here's what I've came up with using 3 twisted wires.

kqxFqlC.jpg

First impressions are definitely good, slightly longer heat up time than I'm used to but I think I prefer it as I can take slower larger draw. Also looks a lot neater than my previous monstrosity but I do enjoy tinkering :D

Back
Top Bottom