What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Be safe

Plus, ohms are sod all to do with it....
I can get flames on a 2 ohm build if I want.
Its due to the ignition point of eliquid.
Take a drop of liquid, and light it.

Yeah, but you could set fire to water yah nutter...:P:P

The opening post looks, to me, just like a photo of a coil and wick on fire due to holding the fire button until a combustible state is reached. This can be achieved at virtually any coil resistance, any wattage/voltage, and with any wicking material, and apologies in advance if I have missed any point here.

Question :
With all these "high" power mods, it seems a sub-ohm build is still required to achieve their claimed output.
Why?
Surely the whole point of having 100 watt output is so you can build 1+ ohms and inject 100 watts in, to get clouds of tasty vapour that isn't hotter than vaping fresh lava?
I have 8.4V box mods and run my RDA at around the 1 ohm mark, to achieve the same wattage at 4.2V I have to modify the airflow on some of my RDA's which I don't mind doing to cheap clones but hell would freeze over before I did the same to an original!

I was going to comment, but no good would come from it, so here is a picture
the_internet_never_disappoints_with_weird_stuff_640_38.jpg

Although I already did discover this by myself when using a Mech and a 0.25ohm dual coil build.
It is good to know that while we don't as often carry lighters any more. We could start a fire if we needed to :)

I think the thing to take away is be aware of your equipment. The op obviously is, 80watts isnt much at all and the wicks would need to be near bone dry for that to happen, I tend to get similar issues at around .4ohm, but I'm feeding a lot more voltage in to start with. When I'm being more sensible I find it difficult to do that at 190watts.....

I think the main point is simple. Regardless of volts, amps ohms and stupidity. Stay bloody safe, know your equipment, start safer and work up to less safe, but stay safe,

Especially today and tomorrow, the last thing Iwant is to log on after xXmas to find some of you are in hozzy or worse,

Back
Top Bottom