What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Be safe

docsynyster

Initiate
Just a reminder if anyone's thinking of doing sub ohming just remember to be safe built a 0.3ohm build at 80watts and I decided to hold the fire button down to long and this happened just remember to be safe and know what your doing vape safe guys and gals

Attachments

• 1418741769433.jpg
    1418741769433.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 121
Last edited by a moderator:
Are you using a VW device?

If so, keeping on topic with the safety theme wouldn't it be safer from a battery perspective to coil at say, 0.6 ohms as this would cut the amp draw?

Forgive me if I'm missing something blatantly obvious, I'm not a cloud chaser and I don't generally coil below 0.7ohms.

Are you using a VW device?

If so, keeping on topic with the safety theme wouldn't it be safer from a battery perspective to coil at say, 0.6 ohms as this would cut the amp draw?

Forgive me if I'm missing something blatantly obvious, I'm not a cloud chaser and I don't generally coil below 0.7ohms.

I use a Nimbus on my Hana coiled at 0.6 (flavour chasing dripper). DNA30's are rated for 10 amps I believe.

Edit: Should have mentioned that a 0.6 ohm build would be 7 amps.

80 watts on a 0.3 ohm build is 14 amps. It would depend on the device he's using.

Last edited:
I use a Nimbus on my Hana coiled at 0.6 (flavour chasing dripper). DNA30's are rated for 10 amps I believe.

Edit: Should have mentioned that a 0.6 ohm build would be 7 amps.

80 watts on a 0.3 ohm build is 14 amps. It would depend on the device he's using.

Hmmm... my 'trusty' old online calculator must be letting me down. 0.3 ohms at 80w comes out at over 16 amps and 0.6 ohms comes out at 11.5 amps (at 4.9v and 6.9v respectively). Ohm's Law Calculator

Is there a particular reason for using a lower ohm build on a VW? I'd just assumed that if the device was capable of putting out sufficient volts, a slightly higher resistance would be a safer option as it would provide more 'headroom' on amp draw from the batteries.

Sorry if I'm being a bit thick... I've not got experience of sub 0.5ohm coils.

Hmmm... my 'trusty' old online calculator must be letting me down. 0.3 ohms at 80w comes out at over 16 amps and 0.6 ohms comes out at 11.5 amps (at 4.9v and 6.9v respectively). Ohm's Law Calculator

Is there a particular reason for using a lower ohm build on a VW? I'd just assumed that if the device was capable of putting out sufficient volts, a slightly higher resistance would be a safer option as it would provide more 'headroom' on amp draw from the batteries.

Sorry if I'm being a bit thick... I've not got experience of sub 0.5ohm coils.

It seems mostly to be habit from cloud chasers - as in more power = lower ohms, just like they did on a mech. He probably should have been able to get 80w into a 0.5 ohm coil. What I find odd is that this happened in his car and that his first reaction was not "Oh fuck - put it out" but "Oooh pretty - lets take pictures", it's almost as if he expected to happen...

I'm using a sigelei 100watt I don't habeas mech mod and not confident on using one yet I'll get the numbers off my mod later having tea now so will do it later

It seems mostly to be habit from cloud chasers - as in more power = lower ohms, just like they did on a mech. He probably should have been able to get 80w into a 0.5 ohm coil. What I find odd is that this happened in his car and that his first reaction was not "Oh fuck - put it out" but "Oooh pretty - lets take pictures", it's almost as if he expected to happen...

I was expecting it was showing a friend what happens

Its actually not that hard to get a flame appear on any build when dry burning coils, granted they're not as big as that.

Plus, ohms are sod all to do with it....
I can get flames on a 2 ohm build if I want.
Its due to the ignition point of eliquid.
Take a drop of liquid, and light it.

Back
Top Bottom