What's new

Battery Specs Please!

Thought you cloud chasers would probably be the best people to ask this - Does anyone know the amp limit of a Torchy 18650 2200mAh? I know they're not particularly high (there's a voice in my head saying that it's 4A) but at the moment I have NO idea what sort of current I can safely get out of this thing. Any ideas?

The finest blue you have ever seen. As blue as the grass is green or the earth is brown. As blue as the.... well, I guess what I'm trying to say here is "they're blue".

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

my google skills are seriously lacking cannot find amp discharge rates on the fabled torchy, so nothing but a bump for a question that should be answered.

Yeah, even on his site I couldn't find them...

The finest blue you have ever seen. As blue as the grass is green or the earth is brown. As blue as the.... well, I guess what I'm trying to say here is "they're blue".

I think they may be older ICR batteries from Torchy and probably quite a low amp rating. Can't find you the exact details at the mo, sorry. 3A would be a safe guess.

I think they may be older ICR batteries from Torchy and probably quite a low amp rating. Can't find you the exact details at the mo, sorry. 3A would be a safe guess.

Also guessing 3A, not a torch expert but I am sure I heard on my very brief time at BLF they were 3A

Best bet is to drop Torchy an eBay message or e-Mail :)

Last edited:
Also guessing 3A, not a torch expert but I am sure I heard on my very brief time as BLF they were 3A

Best bet is to drop Torchy an eBay message or e-Mail :)

+1 on that. He's on UKV and on eBay he's "big_f_d_d".

for an 18650 bloody bouncing off the limit at 1.5 very close for 3amps

gets allot of press does torchy surprised at this.

EDIT I must be missing something 3amp 18650 got 350's that do 10.5, I have clearly missed something here and will look like an idiot (not the first or the last time)

Last edited:
for an 18650 bloody bouncing off the limit at 1.5 very close for 3amps

gets allot of press does torchy surprised at this.

EDIT I must be missing something 3amp 18650 got 350's that do 10.5, I have clearly missed something here and will look like an idiot (not the first or the last time)

Don't worry ;), I didn't understand what you meant... xD

So im the idiot, I think they are 3amps and designed for use in torches those if they are 3a

Edit: Oh bouncing off the limit at 3amps, you mean 1.5 coil im guessing? Tis late im tired lol

Back
Top Bottom