What's new

Battery Advice (Sony VTC6 / VTC5a)

oHUTCHYo

Hi guys, long time lurker but first post so be gentle. I'm sure you all hate battery threads but I'd like to ask some advice based on my personal setup, so here goes...

Current Working day set-up
Sigelei 213 + Cleito 120. Vaping at approx 70-90w.
Currently own 6 no. Sony VTC6 batteries which I rotate

Planned Weekend/Night Setup
Think Vape Finder DNA250 + Smok TFV12. Predict vaping at approx. 160-200w maybe?

Question: would 3 no. VTC6 in the DNA250 be a reasonable battery choice vaping at 160-200w? Or should I consider buying 6 no. Sony VTC5a? I understand they offer better amps but less battery life? Fact is Im hoping to simply invest in more VTC6 for both of my setups.

Priority is battery life, but also having sufficient batter power to not ruin batteries or lose performance.

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys, long time lurker but first post so be gentle. I'm sure you all hate battery threads but I'd like to ask some advice based on my personal setup, so here goes...

Current Working day set-up
Sigelei 213 + Cleito 120. Vaping at approx 70-90w.
Currently own 6 no. Sony VTC6 batteries which I rotate

Planned Weekend/Night Setup
Think Vape Finder DNA250 + Smok TFV12. Predict vaping at approx. 160-200w maybe?

Question: would 3 no. VTC6 in the DNA250 be a reasonable battery choice vaping at 160-200w? Or should I consider buying 6 no. Sony VTC5a? I understand they offer better amps but less battery life? Fact is Im hoping to simply invest in more VTC6 for both of my setups.

Priority is battery life, but also having sufficient batter power to not ruin batteries or lose performance.

Thanks in advance.
I was just about to this same question....
Shame no replies though

You will be better with the VTC5A at those power settings.

160W with the triple 18650 setup will be going over the 15A rating for the VTC6, 200W even more so. With the VTC5A you have 25A to play with, and even at 200W you will be pulling a max of 21.47A with that set up. The VTC5A can even run just as long as the VTC6 at higher amp loads.

Go for the VTC5A :)

Back
Top Bottom