What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Battery advice for Wisemec Predator 228w with Freemax Starre Pure 0.5coils

itsaj

Initiate
Hi there I have just upgraded my setup from an aspire Plato to the Wisemec Predator 228w mod and also picked up the Freeman Starre Pure with 0.5ohm coils.
I had been using LG h2 3000mah 3.7v batteries but had read on various site I should use 30a batteries for this tank. However that is probably for the 0.25 coils and I won't be using anything else but the 0.5 and so wonder what batteries I should buy for best performance and battery life or would my LG H2's do the trick?
Thanks everyone

Ps this is what the site said about batteries for this tank.
"This is designed for Sub-Ohm vaping and CAN NOT be used with standard eGo type batteries.

You must ensure that your device is able to cope with the demand of power and current drain required to run them. A minimum of 30A rated battery is required. Or a variable wattage (capable of at least 30w) device designed to cope with high current load."

what wattage are you using typically, that's the only thing that really matters on a regulated.

The HG2's should be Ok if you're sticking with the 0.5 Ohm coils but you'd be better off with Sony VTC5a's or Samsung 25R's...

what wattage are you using typically, that's the only thing that really matters on a regulated.
I had read some reviews which said between 40 and 45 is the best so probably there or slightly below. The coil is rated though between 20w and 50w.

The HG2's should be Ok if you're sticking with the 0.5 Ohm coils but you'd be better off with Sony VTC5a's or Samsung 25R's...
Allright, should I invest in getting a charger that can charge more than one battery at a time? I had read somewhere that it was not recommended to charge via usb for some reason even though it supports quick charge. Currently using a Efest single battery smart charger.

I had read some reviews which said between 40 and 45 is the best so probably there or slightly below. The coil is rated though between 20w and 50w.

The LG's will be fine, and more than capable at that kind of power.

I hope you are right haha everything is so expensive. There was a decent amount of scaremongering or shops covering their backs so it's hard to know if you aren't clued in to the technical side of things.

Allright, should I invest in getting a charger that can charge more than one battery at a time? I had read somewhere that it was not recommended to charge via usb for some reason even though it supports quick charge. Currently using a Efest single battery smart charger.
At 40 to 50w the LG HG2's will be more than adequate, they'll be fine up to 100w or so, higher than that you should start to look at better cells...
You will be fine charging through the USB, although it is usually better to use an external charger it is not actually necessary..

Back
Top Bottom