What's new

Batteries

Thanks, I did get it wrong. So amps is amps, the ampage isn't shared out - instead, the combination of the 2 batteries outputs increases the voltage.

Yes. When you're running a parallel mech box both batteries run down at the same rate then you divide the amps by the number of cells. With series you've only got the amps to play with that you'd have with one cell, but if you class voltage as the force, then you've got twice the force passing through a series circuit as the batteries are effectively stacked on top of one another- the load isn't drawn from two separate sources as it would be with a parallel.

The way I think of it is like having a Fiesta and a Ferrari. Both will do 100mph, but if there was some way you could make the Fiesta accelerate to 100 as fast as the Ferrari on its standard engine it'd break. Amps is the 100mph, voltage is the acceleration.

I like the cricket, but it scares the living shit out of me and I'm fairly clued up. They're bombs in my opinion in the wrong hands, and the worse part is they're £18.

The OP was recommending .2 builds on the cricket to another ape the other day on a discussion I was part of. If he wants to be an idiot that's no business of mine, but advocating that it's cool to other people annoys me when there are lots of new Vapers on here who may see what he's saying as a good thing to try and go do it. Then they lose their teeth because some guy said 'I Vape at .2/370 watts all day mate and the clouds are sick'.

Don't mean to come across as any more of a twat than necessary but it grips my shit.

@bowdy

Listen mate, no one is trying to be an are to you, but there are opinions and there are facts.

This is a fact. You build below the safe continuous amp draw of your rig, and the button gets stuck on, you WILL have a battery vent. Its madness

We've been through this before, It's just not safe to build that low on a series mech.
You should take some time to learn about how Li-ion cells work, how they are rated, and how they work in a circuit as well as how they work in series or parallel.
Heres a link to the FULL version of the battery guide thats posted in our Guides section...https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0stzZdxSsMvRjhmX085bVpkNlU
I'd suggest you read through it, in fact I'd suggest anyone interested in battery safety reads through it...

We've been through this before, It's just not safe to build that low on a series mech.
You should take some time to learn about how Li-ion cells work, how they are rated, and how they work in a circuit as well as how they work in series or parallel.
Heres a link to the FULL version of the battery guide thats posted in our Guides section...https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0stzZdxSsMvRjhmX085bVpkNlU
I'd suggest you read through it, in fact I'd suggest anyone interested in battery safety reads through it...
Good point, forgot that, lion cells don't really like being in series full stop!

Good point, forgot that, lion cells don't really like being in series full stop!
It's not so much that they don't like being in series as that people think because they've got 2 cells they can double the current - you can't. You can double the voltage but the current still flows through just one cell at a time - meaning that you can only draw the max current for one cell...

upload_2016-4-22_20-3-15.png

It's not so much that they don't like being in series as that people think because they've got 2 cells they can double the current - you can't. You can double the voltage but the current still flows through just one cell at a time - meaning that you can only draw the max current for one cell...
Indeed, bit as you know they don't discharge equally either, so without rotation you end up with poorly matched cells fairly quickly

Back
Top Bottom