What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Aspire triton alternative?

jalebreak

Postman
Hi guys,
I recently went from my sub tank mini to an aspire triton. To be honest I hate the triton the I've tried the 0.4? And the 0.2 coils. They seem to spit a bit and the flavour is worse than my sub tank to top it off the cool in the 0.2 gets rediculously hot after one or two draws to the point where the batter and tank go rediculously hot. So I'm wondering if anyone can suggest an alternative or if the atlantis coils may be better. Flavours important but I want more clouds than my sub tank puts out. I have a velocity rda but want a tank for times where dripping is inconvenient. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Cheers

Hi guys,
I recently went from my sub tank mini to an aspire triton. To be honest I hate the triton the I've tried the 0.4? And the 0.2 coils. They seem to spit a bit and the flavour is worse than my sub tank to top it off the cool in the 0.2 gets rediculously hot after one or two draws to the point where the batter and tank go rediculously hot. So I'm wondering if anyone can suggest an alternative or if the atlantis coils may be better. Flavours important but I want more clouds than my sub tank puts out. I have a velocity rda but want a tank for times where dripping is inconvenient. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Cheers

There are lots of options but I wouldn't give up just yet on the Trition, a couple of questions might help improve your experience with it

What wattage are you running the 0.2 and 0.4 at ?

What VG/PG juice ratio are you using ?

How much open do you have the bottom and top airflows ?

I've tried multiple air flow adjustments on the 0.2 which is actually a 0.3 my bad. I've tried it from 40 to 60 watts and everything in between. I think the other cool I tried was the one that came with it which I tried around 30 watts. I know it was definately a higher resistance can't remember what resistance though. Last thing I can think of trying is an atlantis cool or giving up lol. All help/suggestions welcome

I've tried multiple air flow adjustments on the 0.2 which is actually a 0.3 my bad. I've tried it from 40 to 60 watts and everything in between. I think the other cool I tried was the one that came with it which I tried around 30 watts. I know it was definately a higher resistance can't remember what resistance though. Last thing I can think of trying is an atlantis cool or giving up lol. All help/suggestions welcome

I use the 0.4 coil at 37w with bottom airflow half way open and top airflow closed and have no issues at all, I do think the Triton gives a "clean" taste and pretty much use it for South Coast Vapes Nipple Juice

Just to check when you fill the Triton from the top make sure you replace the top cap before turning the dial back to the vape position, don't know the science but it does seems to make a difference and prevent leaking, not sure about the spitting

The 0.4 was admittedly better than the 0.3 for flavour but I'm still finding flavour on the subtank with verticle coils better. I may try an atlantis cool but the 0.3 coils definately seem terrible could be the tanks just not for me. Disappointing as the last aspire tank I had (nautilus) I loved more than my aero tank at the time.

been happy with my freemax starre v1 great flavour/vapour, coil options 0.25/0.5 last time I bought them 5 coils were around £11
performs well imo and has never missed a beat coil life good too.
they've been updated now there's a pro version not sure on prices think he v1 was around £30 so would imagine its a similar price.

Do you have the RBA head? I was quite disappointed with the Triton and there are many better tanks, but I found a huge improvement with a vertical coil in the RBA.

I was tempted with the rta piece but because I wasn't a huge fan of the tank I wasn't keen on spending more money on it. Crown tank does look good admittedly but then again so does the tfv4 or an rta like a billow v2 sooo many tanks so little cash lol

Back
Top Bottom