What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Any TFV4 Vapers Out There?

jf231295

Initiate
So I received my TFV4 a few days ago, I've read about the orings being of poor quality so I was pretty happy to find two spare included, however, I can't for the life of me figure out where they go, I've pulled the one out that seals against the glass at the top of the tank and it's just a normal black oring, as you can see, the spares seem to have a lip on them, any ideas ? I'm waiting for my mod in the post so I have a day or two to play around with it before I fill it. Thanks
image.jpeg

they look like the ones for the glass to body, mine are red so dont think its colour specific :)

Agreed, bottom of tank, glass to body I believe. Can't check as I haven't got it on me. I've had no issues with any rings yet... Touch wood!

got mine today and they are for both ends of the glassIMG_20151208_224402.jpg

I ended up stripping my red oring that came with the tank replaced it with the spare black one in the box.

I have the mini btw, the base is such a tight fit onto the chimney n glass section i think thats how i stripped the silocone, anyone else have this issue?

Scared to even unscrew it incase i strip this one aswell!

TVF4 is a great tank, though it is very thirsty and WILL leak on you until you get to know it. Also expect an offish new coil taste when you first have a new coil in it.
Especially with higher VG juices.
This problem doesn't seem as bad with 50/50 mixes but I've had far better experiences with the rba sections. Though the dual coil rba can be a hassle to set up correctly!
The single rba that should come with it is good, though if you chain vape I'd suggest you tilt the tank after every couple of pulls, and make sure the bubble makes an appearance or you may find you dry hit.
Best wicking technique I've found so far is the Scottish roll method which fits a good 2/3rds of a muji pad in it. Though try keep your coil builds spaced and low gauged.
Eg. 24-22 awg kanthal around a 3+ mm rod, about 5 wraps and you can easily get up to about 80w and not have trouble.

There's loads of space in the rba so fun can be had!

Back
Top Bottom