What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Amps and volts

Aaron2k17

hi guys and girls I have been vaping for 2years now but with a coolfire iv and tc100. I have recently brought a smok alian and have a few questions as this is my first technical mod putting it mildly lol
Volts and Amps fluctuations up and down slightly? Using Samsung 25r batteries
And there's a setting for normal and hard mode I see hard mode adds 10% for amps and volts but haven't a clue what its is for. I have done some research but still a bit unsure thanks all

hi guys and girls I have been vaping for 2years now but with a coolfire iv and tc100. I have recently brought a smok alian and have a few questions as this is my first technical mod putting it mildly lol
Volts and Amps fluctuations up and down slightly? Using Samsung 25r batteries
And there's a setting for normal and hard mode I see hard mode adds 10% for amps and volts but haven't a clue what its is for. I have done some research but still a bit unsure thanks all

Welcome to the planet Aaron.
The Alien is super sensitive to fluctuations in the coils resistance and measures resistance, amps and volts to 2 decimal places. It's a live reading too so it'll fluctuate slightly the more or less frequently you use it. Also wires like stainless steel fluctuate slightly as you're using them anyway. Nowt to worry about unless it's a massive change in numbers.

The Soft/Normal/Hard changes the amount of power you get for the first second of the draw. So say you're set at 50 watts:
In soft for the first second it'd fire at 45 watts then move to 50 there after.
In normal it stays at 50.
In hard it'll be at 55 for the first second then drop to 50.
It's basically a ramp up setting. Not as effective as the higher end mods but something to fiddle with if you want to customise your vape a bit more.

Welcome to the planet Aaron.
The Alien is super sensitive to fluctuations in the coils resistance and measures resistance, amps and volts to 2 decimal places. It's a live reading too so it'll fluctuate slightly the more or less frequently you use it. Also wires like stainless steel fluctuate slightly as you're using them anyway. Nowt to worry about unless it's a massive change in numbers.

The Soft/Normal/Hard changes the amount of power you get for the first second of the draw. So say you're set at 50 watts:
In soft for the first second it'd fire at 45 watts then move to 50 there after.
In normal it stays at 50.
In hard it'll be at 55 for the first second then drop to 50.
It's basically a ramp up setting. Not as effective as the higher end mods but something to fiddle with if you want to customise your vape a bit more.

Thank you sirlugg great info

Back
Top Bottom