What's new

Advice on 0.5 ohm coil build for newbie

bhoot

Postman
Hello Peoples,

New kayfun v4 user. I have been using 0.5 ohm coils in the aspire atlantis and now on the kayfun v4 (not a clone) via premade coils I bought. I am trying to find out what coil configuration will give me 6-8 wraps for 0.5 ohms. I tried using the steam vape calculator but cannot seem to find anything. Ideally I want to be able to build a cool vape and a hot vape with 6-8 wraps on each. Can someone help me out please? Prefer kanthal I did come across something called hotwires on a website made of kanthal base for subohm specific coils.

All single coil build on a YiHi SX350 mod.

Thank you very much.

I use a single coil parallel 26g kanthal, 7 wraps in my Subtank and its brill. If I want a cooler vape run it at 25 watt, if warmer 30-40watt. Comes in at 0.48 on the IPV3 and 0.5 on the Hana. I find it the best coil to use I won't be building anything other than this on my Subtank now. In my RDA I just make this config dual coil coming in at 0.25 on the IPV

I came from an Atlantis subohm'ing aswell. It will be warmer on the Kayfun as airflow wise the Atlantis is like a turbine.

I ordered some 24G kanthal before reading your reply. I'll order a small amount of 26G as well and see how it goes. Thank you for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom