POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register

Zero and Varitube.

Discussion in 'All Things Mod Making' started by AceMelon, Jun 16, 2015.

1. AceMelon

AceMelon Achiever

Not being 100% happy with the threaded C frame on my Zero, constantly having to adjust the 510 between atomisers, and some not even holding I decided to do something about it.
    After a bit of research I plumped for the varitube spring loaded 510.
    Having completed this I can safely say, the C frame is stainless steel. 4 brand new twist drill bits reduced to molten slag. It's not pretty under there. You can't solder to stainless with a simple iron, and you will burn your hand if you use a blowtorch iron and forget that metal conducts heat as well as electricity. (Still fecking sore)
    However it is possible. And people with better skills than me would find it very straightforward.
    I would do it again, but I would get the frame drilled out at a machine shop.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. 5miley

5miley Achiever

Good job :2thumbsup:

3. HAZZA1962

HAZZA1962 Legend

There is supposed to be a version with a spring loaded 510 on FT somewhere but I'm buggered if I can find it!!!

4. Loco

Loco Postman

The hotcig sx version has a sprung 510, don't think any of the dna versions do though.

@acemelon Good job, glad you got it done :) . You would have more luck drilling a small hole and press fitting a brass pin, and then soldering to that in future. Also if you can grab one a nice ti step drill bit, that managed to eat through ss, for me at least.

• Thank Thank x 1