What's new

Worktop Heaven ;)

Aye Full stave, the widest stave on the samples I recieved from woodworktops.com are 95mm wide, so good useful section to use for a mods up to pretty large size.

Made a start on hacking up my worktop samples today, the wenge was looking very sexy until i busted the box in half so it currantly clamped up with glue and time will tell if it can be rescued, so I moved on to the american walnut and had some success!

Voila -

squonk4.jpgsquonk5.jpg

I have a full stave sample of black walnut and iroko coming to have a play with, I think I really need a bandsaw for what I woukd like to do but at least I can see what they might be like finished.

I have a full stave sample of black walnut and iroko coming to have a play with, I think I really need a bandsaw for what I woukd like to do but at least I can see what they might be like finished.
I got the iroko too and wasn't that impressed with it to be honest. Not a lot of grain definition on my sample and feel a bit light compared to the wenge. I hope your sample is better.

In all honesty I may never get round to trying shaping a mod from them anyway as I'm flat out already. That being said I have a secondary use planned anyway if that is the case and I'm looking at a new kitchen at home too :)

I do hope the iroko is nice though as it's the worktop I would most like at home

Salt and ketchup is an integral part of any woodworking, everyone knows workmen eat chips for lunch everyday right?

Oh and that lovely peice of wenge went south, it's knackered for what I wanted to make, might salvage a pice of it for something really small though, shame it was purdy.

Back
Top Bottom