What's new

Workshop pics

bob salter

Postman
Some pics of my workshop. I would like to make mods but lack the knowhow. Would swap parts for help with tech stuff. Just the mechanical side. Any ideas? There is also a polishing rig and I can do plating in silver, nickel, copper etc

Bob

work1.jpg

work2.jpg

work3.jpg

No, sorry Im in scotland. Distance neednt be too much of a problem though.

Bob

I would like to build a tube mod in wood ie no metal to keep it smallish diameter. To begin with a mech mod would be fine but once I have one built I was thinking of getting a vamo board and making a vv. I just cant decide how to approach the basic tube. I can make a wooden tube no problem(Im a bagpipe maker) But the connections I cant envisage at all. Maybe make the tube then cut in half? Fit battery etc and screw back together? Any ideas? Also thread poitches etc for attys woud be useful. I also have some sort of pipe mod in mind which I might tackle tomorrow. I also need to make a mod stand SOON.

Bob

Personally, this is how I would do it.
have a single section, which will house the battery, the 510 connector and stuff like that.
Then, (if possible) inset a screwed fitting into the end of it (Which will be left open and hollow). You could then use a switch similar to a sig 19 which would then push the battery into the connections at the top? (Also, this will like below need some sort of 'strip' to complete the connection I believe)
I admit, that's not the simplest way but I was only good with the aesthetic stuff and not the mechanical side of things with a lathe. ;)
However.
For a vw mod, you could pretty much copy the vamo design but use wood! Only thing you would need, is to inset a piece of copper/brass into the wood which will run from the negative to the negative of the 510 connector as the Vamo usually uses the external body as the negative.

Back
Top Bottom