What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

wooden box help :)

ginge2015

Initiate
hey there guys ive made 2 boxes one acrylic and one metal so decided to make a wooden one i just need help on how to cut a square hole suitable for a voltage meter the wood is only thin if anyones got any ideas id be eternally grateful and love you forever :)

the only way i can think of right now is to drill a circle then get a file and start sanding away till its a square

the only way i can think of right now is to drill a circle then get a file and start sanding away till its a square
aha hey stuart its your box idea im doing it on after i saw your domino box lmao
that was the only way i could think of aswell

aha hey stuart its your box idea im doing it on after i saw your domino box lmao
that was the only way i could think of aswell

the only other way would be if you had a dremel you could cut down the side of the box then you would have a big cut in the side which would`nt look so good and it would probably make that side abit fragile

the only other way would be if you had a dremel you could cut down the side of the box then you would have a big cut in the side which would`nt look so good and it would probably make that side abit fragile
yeah got a dremel but just wanted a nice clean cut i normally hide nasty cuts with epoxy or body filler and paint but wanted to keep the wood one in tact

You could use a fret saw but you need steady hands to cut straight.

draw it out drill it roughly to size then use 120 grit sandpaper glued around a small square peace of wood to sand out to the lines. quick with nice square corners

Back
Top Bottom