What's new

Wolfsbane the return for@michael jackson stabwood dna squonker

vapesmarter

Mod Maker
it's not often I have a failure

and yes it happens

wolfsbane came back to me he had been damaged in the post not a great deal at all but it happens

plus I had miss lined a screw top yep my fault hold my hands up so he came back a refund was given and i had a look

the damage was tiny the board screen had come adrift slightly the mod looked like he had a crack in the case but in fact, this turned out to be the wood itself

but we needed a new top plate

I could have just countersunk the hole some more but I thought I would do something else

DVD?

spinning?

Bladerunner (the original)

Tyrell: I'm surprised you didn't come here sooner.

Batty: It's not an easy thing to meet your maker.

Tyrell: What could he do for you?

Batty: Can the maker repair what he makes?

of course, the maker can repair what he makes in this case

now I spoke to @Michael jackson over my woes and he jumped at the chance of owning wolfsbane, on occasions like these I get pretty pissed off with something I have made coming back 99% the item meets barry...

IMG_4461.jpg

this is barry as in "hit it barry" myself and son say this saying when we are using hammers and axes etc so barry was to meet wolfsbane.... childish...yes...stupid...yep but the creator can also be the destroyer of his own work that's his privilege

but a change of heart

IMG_4626.jpg

wolfsbane is also a very poisonous flower so lets put him on the top plate

IMG_4627.jpg

semi polished up

add this to the original wolfsbane replace the internals and we have

IMG_4633.jpg

IMG_4634.jpg

@Michael jackson wolfsbane is ready to come to you this week

if you don't like the new revamp I'm sure Barry will enjoy meeting him

next time

"Candy"

if you love my mods cabinets cases bags, then like them follow me.........buy one

Anyone else feeling like Barry deserves his own mini series? :) great revamp. Michael Jackson is a lucky man!

You tell that Barry the bastard to get back in his cupboard and to stop giving my Wolfsbane a hard time. Thank you very much sir I can’t wait to meet him [emoji7][emoji7]

Nice work Stu.

But we need to know more about Barry. What's his story? What are his hopes and dreams? Does he want to meet a curvy sexy lady claw hammer and make little toffee hammers? Or is he more of a ballpein kindaguy? Hey, it's a modern world we live in!

Come on man, the planet needs to know!

Nice work Stu.

But we need to know more about Barry. What's his story? What are his hopes and dreams? Does he want to meet a curvy sexy lady claw hammer and make little toffee hammers? Or is he more of a ballpein kindaguy? Hey, it's a modern world we live in!

Come on man, the planet needs to know!

You are stepping into a different world of tools having names and feeling

Examples are

Frightener, Michael, lump, shifter, key, Lucy,

So

Frightener = a claw hammer we had a customer who my son asked to pass the frightener to him, “why is it called that” he raised the hammer aloft and went ahhhhh, they stepped back quickly “there you go see” as the colour drained out of there face

Michael = a very large flat screwdriver s long story with this involving a rod spring and the idiot who pushed the rod out with his finger

Lump = a heavy 2 pound odd lump hammer

Shifter = some dispute here it’s a 38mm adjusterable spanner I call it a shifter as it shifts the nuts all nuts my son calls it an A,J

Key= a chuck key as in “where’s the sodding key gone”

Lucy= my dewalt cordless drill well all of them which can get confusing but I use dewalt tools my son uses makita

There you go, Barry is happy and content the name comes from when your belting whatever with it “go on hit it Barry” he gets used a fare amount has been broken many times

ive had a somes asks as why we call tools names

It all about time 2 examples here

You have a 22mm nut that needs to come off a bar here’s the conversation

“Spin that 22 mil pleb” me

“K give me the 22” Ben (my son)

“Juice it first and crack it” me

“Naa she’s not moving” Ben

“Use the shifter and tickle it with the frightener “ me

“She’s gone” Ben

“Right wind and juice it” me

Follow ??

Right let’s break it down

22= 22mm ring spanner

Juice or fish juice= lubricate the nut libraly with penatrating oil i.e wd40 is made from fish oil

Crack it= tighten the nut first say 1/4 turn then unwind

Tickle it = lightly tap the end of the adjusterble spanner with a hammer Lightly! It’s not a submarine hatch stupid!!!!

Wind and juice= unwind the nut then wind back in oil the thread repeat this all the way back and fourth to clear the thread

She’s gone = we have movement the nuts free but still tight

Pleb, wanker, dickhead = normal names we call each other

The other example are measurements

We speak to each other in inches and mm and cms feet metres etc

There is nothing worse than a customer with a tape measure so we swap to imperial when speaking to each other or hybrid measurements

I.e

“Take off a eighth” that’s a 1/8 of an inch
“Just needs a touch” that’s say a mm or 2
“Cut it fat” leave a couple of mm on or a 1/16 of an inch

When milling I work in thousandth of an inch even though the miller is in mm this is due to imperial in my mind is more accurate

So I say it needs 5 thou off it

That’s a tiny cut but most cuts are made to eye as resin and wood expands and contracts when warm by a mm

Back
Top Bottom