What's new

Wire and switches for mod

What do you think of these puppies @Tubbyengineer?
http://www.polevolt.co.uk/acatalog/info_PBS4.html

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

That should do the job, 20a @12v should take you up to about 26 or 27a at 4v, close enough that the loading on the batteries is approaching its limit. the other way to approach this of course would be to use step up regulation to increase voltage and maintain a steady but lower current draw...

So could I get lower amp switches? I don't suppose I'll go below 0.5ohm. A step up sounds good. Have you got a URL please.

Tubbyengineer. I just did an ohms law calculation and got this:
0.5ohms @ 4V = 8A
0.4ohms @ 4V = 10A
0.3ohms @ 4V = 13.33...

I don't suppose I'll ever go that low but if I got 15A wire and switches, I should be very safe don't you think?

Sure, The chance that you'd actually get down to something using 30a is Pretty low!. Accept 15a as a limit and you should get a wider choice of switches and wire without unduly limiting your vaping experience. After all a 0.3ohm coil @ 4v is 50 watts...

Sure, The chance that you'd actually get down to something using 30a is Pretty low!. Accept 15a as a limit and you should get a wider choice of switches and wire without unduly limiting your vaping experience. After all a 0.3ohm coil @ 4v is 50 watts...

Thanks ever so much. Its been a steep learning curve but I think I finally get it.
Top man Tubbyengineer ;-)

Dont know if this will help but if you have a look at the data sheet for the evolv dna30
It gives wire size recommendations

got mine just sorting out all other bits and bobs

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Back
Top Bottom