What's new

Why are mods so big....

what boggles my noddle is tall atty's. Theres no neeeeeeeeed.

I agree, the Rose is far too tall, but it's not so bad when you have a matching mod:

rose.jpg

I don't see the need. As long as it's comfortable to hold, why does it need to be any smaller?

And in fact, the smaller ones are more difficult to operate, even with my small hands. The IPV2 is perfect, the iStick, while a lovely device, is too small.

It's just pandering to the stealth-vape mentality where people are still conscious of vaping in public.

Not for me, I'm happy to vape when and wherever ;)

I'm more about efficiency of design, why make something bigger than it needs to be? I'd also like to see a bit more quality in general. That's what I liked about the vaporflask, it seems well made and not overly large considering it takes two 18650s.

It seems like the thing preventing these devices being smaller isn't necessarily the components, it's more the design holding things back, that's kinda why I started this thread, to see ;)

Really it's the battery power - using lithium ion batteries is the best idea I believe, because, for example, an 18650 lithium ion high drain battery I can vape on all day after I have charged it to 4.1 volts, at the end of the day it's at about 3.6 volts, and I replace it.....a smaller battery, say for example, an 18350 (as in one you can use on a vamo v5 and reduce it's over-all size by about 3 inches or so...), you could still vape all day, but you would have to charge the battery to 100% (4.2 volts) and discharge it almost completely, thereby reducing it's over-all life by about two thirds...or, you could simple carry another 18350 aroun d with you - I agree wuith whoever mentioned the unneccessarily large atty size - I am tired of rebuilding my pro tank 2 so I have a kanger sub tank mini coming - but I really wish that the sub tank nano was rebuildable, that would be my choice - who really needs more than 3 ml in their atty at a time? I vape quite a lot, my pro tank holds 2 and 1/2 ml, and I don't always go through all of that in a day - in fact, many times I am only vaping about 1 to 1 and 1/2 ml a day.....

i got through 30mls of juice in 24hrs earlier in the week.....

Theres always going to be compromise. Small device = low runtime, reduced performance and low juice capacity or a dripper.

About the smallest self contained devices i can think of are the billet box and egrip.

Me personally, i hate small. Its not compatible with me as a person or as a vaper. Hence why my used devices tend to be boxes I've built myself. Li ion isn't the best power supply either, I rarely use them now as they're too restrictive.

I appreciate the desire to see some devices toned down a bit. Not everyone would be bothered about this but when i look at proper box mods, especially wooden ones they're often way to big for my liking. Nice looking mods & all but just massive..... Look at this....

ClickHandler.ashx

I really like it, quality but the size is the only thing i don't like, just too big & this one doesn't have springs either so it ought to be shorter really. Would be nice to see some real mods at smaller sizes. Some of the smaller squonk boxes aren't too bad but all a bit chunky.

Back
Top Bottom