What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

which mosfet?

forest

Initiate
im reading all i can but my head is fit to bust open ,

what i need is a simple guide on spec of mosfet i can use in a mod, i was happy to get one from ukfarnel until they hit me with 20 quid min order and ebay want nearly 4 quid each for a 1 quid item

so can any of you nice guys supply me with a short list of simple specs to look for so i can get the n channel one i need to use this pretty little switch i have here ! its for one 18650 or two in parallel

like what is usable from this page Transistors

or if anyone knows of a good place to buy sth like 4 with out crazy carriage charges like mousers 12 quid!

i will be forever grateful

MOSFET's can be a tricky business so do your homework!

I am currently running this one- http://docs-europe.electrocomponents.com/webdocs/0f35/0900766b80f35039.pdf

This is doing the job nicely on a 0.13 coil with 2x18650 running in parallel(so 3.7V). This was the 3rd FET I used, and it will largely depend on your battery source, voltage drop, and atty. The others worked OK but had some issues when running high loads(50W+)

You will need a FET with Vgs(th) max around 0.3v lower than your expected battery voltage under load.
So the one listed above will be ok as long as your batteries will stay at around 3.3V+ under load. If you plan to run 8V set-up then it will be fine.

Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom