What's new

Which Drill Press

RicModMaker

Vendor
More advice needed please people.
Bought the press that you put a hand drill in - crap.
Bought the £70 cheapy on fleabag - crap.
Now it time for something solid.
The cheapy was noisy and the chuck wobbled when extended so its in the process of being returned.

So with a budget of £200, I want something solid, bench top, and won't wobble when extended.

Any advice very welcome please as all the photos of different models look like they are all made the same. The cheapy one I got had a hollow tube and just felt cheap.
Thanks guys.

Your current mill can be used as drill press unless you are going to do some serious hogging out.

Your current mill can be used as drill press unless you are going to do some serious hogging out.
I know but its just easier to have both. I think I've been spoilt with the quality of the mill. I now want a drill as solid as that.

I know but its just easier to have both. I think I've been spoilt with the quality of the mill. I now want a drill as solid as that.
Hi seedy, what milling machine did you get,looking for one myself,
well it's a toss up between a mini lathe or a miller
( any links and prices would be good)

Hi seedy, what milling machine did you get,looking for one myself,
well it's a toss up between a mini lathe or a miller
( any links and prices would be good)
I got a Clarke one. Only the entry level cmd10 but it is nice and solid. Blooming heavy which is a good sign and a good solid pillar.
I think I'll keep my eyes peeled for an old pillar drill and use my mill as a drill until something turns up.
Thanks guys for some sound advice. I can't understand why in this day and age, they have to produce rubbish when they could produce good drills cheaply but hey ho.

I've got that ds19 drill stand. The gears must be knackered because its as wobbly as a student after happy hour. Maybe I should get some new gears for it.

I believe Jet machinery has a market in the UK, they've always been solid tools here in the states.

Back
Top Bottom