What's new

Which battery for SX350?

Think this may be the one to go for :) thanks guys for doing the hard work for me!!! ....found the one i remembered from a random post, was used by another modder in his sx350....a single Panasonic ncr 18650pf 2900mah...after looking further, there only rated for 10a so i think ill stay away from that!

@sparkyjuice Just to get in on this a little with the DNA rather than SX if thats ok just curious with the spec saying max output 10amps why are folk even bothering with VTC5 including HANA doesnt make sense to me go straight to the Panasonic for the Mah, sorry having such a confused day :) Im still stuck in mech world too.

Below are battery options stated on the first post from the maker of that DNA I got today to add to confusion or is it not confusing and im just being really thick?

This reads to me stuck in mech world too, irrelivant if the chip only passes 10amp?

Panasonic NCR18650b 3400 mah Normal - 0.5 @ 20w or 0.9 @ 30w
Panasonic NCR18650 PF 2900mah Mid Range - 0.3 @ 20w or 0.4 @ 30w
Sony VTC5 30 Amp battery 2600mah 0.4 @ 30w

Using Ohm's Law / Watt's Law Calculator

0.3 @ 30watts pushing only 3v 10amps which makes the Sony the worst choice in that list lost hopefully I am not the only one so not bogging down this thread for just me being a retard.

Im using 2x vtc4 in parallel. They last for ever.

Bob

How would the charger handle 2 parallel batteries if one failed? I'm going to screw a cover plate on so don't really want to keep taking it off to change batteries. Maybe on the next one when the magnets arrive.

@sparkyjuice Just to get in on this a little with the DNA rather than SX if thats ok just curious with the spec saying max output 10amps why are folk even bothering with VTC5 including HANA doesnt make sense to me go straight to the Panasonic for the Mah, sorry having such a confused day :) Im still stuck in mech world too.

Below are battery options stated on the first post from the maker of that DNA I got today to add to confusion or is it not confusing and im just being really thick?

This reads to me stuck in mech world too, irrelivant if the chip only passes 10amp?

0.3 @ 30watts pushing only 3v 10amps which makes the Sony the worst choice in that list lost hopefully I am not the only one so not bogging down this thread for just me being a retard.

These chips have magical microscopic gnomes on pedal machines generating extra power. The people at YiHi are really quite clever! ;-)

what you are looking for is a battery that can comfortably handle max. amps without dropping volts and bringing up battery sag error on the DNA30 chip
sony vtc5 will do 12.5 amps all day long, no sag.
as will purple efest
max current is not mAh rating but "C" rating dependent

Last edited:
How would the charger handle 2 parallel batteries if one failed? I'm going to screw a cover plate on so don't really want to keep taking it off to change batteries. Maybe on the next one when the magnets arrive.

buy pair together, keep together, charge together......will degrade equally over time
if using 2 batts in parallel then the question of current rating/battery is even less of an issue, as you have twice the max. current on tap.
Just make sure the usb charger is happy charging two batts....may take longer to charge......

what you are looking for is a battery that can comfortably handle max. amps without dropping volts and bringing up battery sag error on the DNA30 chip
sony vtc5 will do 12.5 amps all day long, no sag.
as will purple efest

Ok thanks didnt think about battery sag and tbh dont know how those panasonics fair in that department will go forth and google another bit of todays confusion fog cleared.

cheers.

Back
Top Bottom