What's new

Which battery for SX350?

RicModMaker

Vendor
Going to build one of these in the next few days and am wondering if anyone knows what sort of amp limit battery you can get away with. Obviously there's some magical jiggery Pokery going on in the chip so I'm thinking I could use a higher mah battery. Any advice welcome please.

Going to build one of these in the next few days and am wondering if anyone knows what sort of amp limit battery you can get away with. Obviously there's some magical jiggery Pokery going on in the chip so I'm thinking I could use a higher mah battery. Any advice welcome please.

12.5 amp max at passthru mode according to website

Ive been wondering about this too. My design doesnt really allow, 'on the fly' battery removal so want to get it right. Is one part of a mod you dont want to get wrong too. Im sure i saw someone else using a panasonic battery that was rated around 20a with a nice high mah rating, any idea the one i mean?! I kind of figured it was worth aiming a lil higher in terms of ratings than going for the bare minimum the boards requires just to be on the safe side. Has to be worth sacraficing a bit of lifespan, but wasnt sure if a vtc5 was a bit overkill :hmm:

I was thinking something like a 3100mah purple efest. They are 20a should you ever need it.

I was thinking something like a 3100mah purple efest. They are 20a should you ever need it.

lke i said according to spec. 12.5 amp is max current thru chip
long as batt. can comfortably handle that without sagging voltage then you should be good

Back
Top Bottom