What's new

where the hell can you buy springs???

allen

Postman
a spring a simple bit of bent wire..........

why is it so hard to find anywhere selling them??? :5:

I'm trying to make a change to my sigelei 19. I've seen it recommended to put a very fine, weak spring between the button and casing to avoid misfires.
for the life of me I can't find anywhere selling springs - other than in a box of 200! okay I might need more in the future but 199 spares seems a bit like overkill. LMAO

any suggestions gratefully received folks

Thanks

not far off what I tried earlier.

the spring I need would, ideally, be just over one twist but a circle about 2cm across.
by fine I mean the wire it's made out of (really no more than 1mm at a guess)
I took the spring out of an old broken lighter and tried to stretch it out and then reshape it.
it ended up far too wibbly wobbly to be any use though. Bums!

Last edited:
Aldi had a box of all different kinds and sizes of springs a few weeks ago, they may still have some.

They had some in Aldi the other week. There was a box with an assortment of springs for about £3.50. Just tried searching online but couldn't find anything. I'll bob into my local aldi tomorrow and see if they have any left.

Couldn't you make one by coiling some wire (fuse wire?) around something of the correct diameter?

so far as I know, if you heat fuse wire up, it loses any springiness - so I'd guess that running electricity through it would do the same thing after very long.
If I've got that wrong maybe somebody will set me right?

I'm going to try to find an Aldi somewhere near me.
or else, maybe I might get lucky at a car boot sale.

thanks folks :)

I used a pair of pliers to stretch out the bottom coil of the spring to make contact with the body, no more miss fires and saves having to buy a new spring

Back
Top Bottom