Vape Superstore
What's new

Where am I going wrong?

danbass

Initiate
Right! I've been rebuilding kangertech single coils for my PT2 for a few weeks. When using silica wick all is fine and they vape nicely.

I recently got sent a sample of cellucotton to try. On the rare occasion I get it to work it's lovely, but every single cool I've built floods like a bitch! Hot liquid spray, drops at the back of the throat, the lot.

I've tried more cotton, less cotton, a flavour wick, no flavour wick. Nothing seems to help!

I wrap 2mm coils using something between 28-34G kanthal, and the coils work perfectly with silica, so double yoo tee eff is going on??

Smoore
You haven't said what size coils you're building, so I'm guessing microcoils.

Try coiling round a 2.4 or 3.0 mm screwdriver and stuff it with as thick a wick as you can. You really need to block up the slots, so you can always put tiny pieces of cellucotton in the slots on top of the wick but without covering the coil.

I use only cellucotton now and it's so far superior to everything else it's worth trying to get right.

Lastly, are you using the rubber cap over the post? You can get away without it with cotton or silica but not cellucotton.

Have you placed a small piece of wick over the coil. This sometimes helps with the spitting?

Vape Green
Its all about the flow of juice. Too little wick and it'll flood. Too little and it will be dry. Fiddle about with the amount.

Innokin
A "trick" that you can do, when using cotton/microcoil set ups with the PT2 (mini) is to leave the ends of the cotton "long" and lay them onto, and around, the deck, after screwing the coil into position. It's a bit fiddly, and you don't want to much, but it does improve juice supply.

AcmeFog
Awesome. Moar wick required then! I shall try and report back, I'm fed up of silica wick as it just doesn't impart flavour the same. This is a stop gap measure anyway as I'm grabbing a proper mod and RBA at the end of the month.

Back
Top Bottom