What's new

What would YOU want

JoeSmart

Postman
Right, I have background in product design, manufacture and engineering and therefore I want to give something back.

I want to make a small, multi-functional, storage system for all things vaping.

Now as anybody who has done any product design knows the first thing to ask is what does the customer want. If this goes ahead you guys will be my customers!

So go ahead, what would you want, throw anything at me, I can sift through what is possible, what would have to be a paid extra etc.

Some ideas I've had myself:

spools for your wick and wire

A pull out panel with a 510 battery connector on it for building on, it could also be turned on and would be connected to an ohms checker, so an all in one building platform.

Wired in ego battery chargers, no need to have a wire hanging out of your wall, screw it straight into your storage.

Different sized holes for different atties and mods.

Built in e-liquid bottles! (Small glass tanks built into the unit with pippette lids, no loose bottles, fill these tanks with your favorite juices and they're always there, ready to go, no rummaging around.

I want to make the best possible vape storage system and sell them made to order (You tell me what mods you have, I make compartments to fit those mods specifically!)

Price range: I have no idea yet, but this will be designed using cad and produced to a high quality, this isn't a business venture though, it is a fun project, so huge profit is not why I'm doing it. So if it were to go ahead the cost would probably be the cost of materials + 25-50% ish + shipping?

Nice idea, not sure about having it plug into the wall but hey, might suit some people!

What about a pocket on the side or a drawer for screwdrivers, nail clippers, scissors - tools basically.

And somewhere to store all the O rings and bits that seem to come with atties etc.

I'd like a lid on any box - maybe a lockable lid - keep the dust out and hides it all away from kids etc.

What kind of material you thinking of using?

Be nice to see some preliminary drawings if you have any.

Good luck!

I would like to see some form of attachment where say a magnifier could be attached for all the fiddly things like recoiling,, some of us have poor eyesight lol. Is it going to be something like a vaping workstation/storage device? Something I would definitely be interested in. Perhaps a recess for steeping liquids too.

Nice idea, not sure about having it plug into the wall but hey, might suit some people!

What about a pocket on the side or a drawer for screwdrivers, nail clippers, scissors - tools basically.

And somewhere to store all the O rings and bits that seem to come with atties etc.

I'd like a lid on any box - maybe a lockable lid - keep the dust out and hides it all away from kids etc.

What kind of material you thinking of using?

Be nice to see some preliminary drawings if you have any.

Good luck!

Anything mains based would be an extra you pay for, the ohmeter would run on a 9v battery easy to replace.

In terms of the magnifier mentioned I could definitely incorporate a "helping hands" type of thing, but again as an extra because I couldn't make it myself, so I'd buy one and dismantle it and incorporate into the design.

For materials, I'm thinking of giving a choice as material will be the biggest impact on cost. I want it to look good no matter what though so the basic cheapest would be MDF with a black lacquered finish or something similar.

Sent from my HTC One using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

How about a modular design so customers can pick and choose from a range and they connect things together - would also give people some freedom in creating their own designs and setups and maybe colours. As new ideas come to you and new devices appear, you could expand the range.

How about a modular design so customers can pick and choose from a range and they connect things together - would also give people some freedom in creating their own designs and setups and maybe colours. As new ideas come to you and new devices appear, you could expand the range.

that's a fantastic idea! I like it a lot!

Great idea following with interest

Sent from my HTC One S using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

For me:
A liquid storage area big enough to take 100ml bottles
A drawer with 510 connectors (Or holes) to store atties (Drawer to stop them getting dusty/disgusting when they're not in use.
A 510 connector in the top to re-coil on
Various spindles to keep wire on (Or, dowels to keep wire spools on)
Drawers to keep wick in (Sectioned off for different types/size)
Holes for mods
Ohm-Meter is a great idea! I want that :P
Oh, and a covered part for my battery charger (flip down lid maybe)?
:)

Only problem I can find with the glass bottles is - They'd need to be easily removable for cleaning etc, so realistically, it'd be easier to use the cube shaped ones, and then have a cut out to slot them into. A cut out in the front of the unit could then be made to check on the juice level without taking them out :)

that's a fantastic idea! I like it a lot!

I've had a good idea?! This will be a day long remembered lol

I like the idea of hexagonal mini stands (lots of ways to arrange them that look cool). I think different height ones would be cool too, so you could arrange them with the small ones at the front etc. If they had magnets embedded in each side near the base, then they would click together really easy. If you're using wood, then you could maybe sell some of them primed but unpainted - the customer could then decorate them themselves easily with a lick of paint or get creative :)

I've had a good idea?! This will be a day long remembered lol

I like the idea of hexagonal mini stands (lots of ways to arrange them that look cool). I think different height ones would be cool too, so you could arrange them with the small ones at the front etc. If they had magnets embedded in each side near the base, then they would click together really easy. If you're using wood, then you could maybe sell some of them primed but unpainted - the customer could then decorate them themselves easily with a lick of paint or get creative :)

You're full of amazing ideas!

Sent from my HTC One using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Back
Top Bottom