What's new

Voltage Amperage query

And the switch is only rated at 3 amps.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Just so I'm clear. I think these switches are the same as the one I've seen which are rated 4a at 120v. Will these be good for 25a at up to 12v or not? I've asked the seller to provide me with the manufacturers spec sheet a few times and they don't seem willing to. I'm thinking they've plucked the figure out of thin air. What do you reckon?

Sent from somewhere deep and dark in the mod making pit!

Seedy
You can't just substitute values
4amp switch is 4 amp at any voltage
25 amp switch 25 amp any voltage
Volts rating is there just to give safe working voltage
Hope this is clear ( is as clear as I can make it)
Picture of switch looking the same does not mean it is the same
If this is the switch in your lipo box mod then 4 amps would have melted long ago

Sent from (who cares) using Planet of the Vapes

There you go Seedy, a knowledgeable post from an electrical dude. This is why I spend hours meddling/reading and I've not blown off any part of my body(least I don't seem to be missing anything, apart from a working brain)

Sent from my SM-T210 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Thanks guys. There isn't an issue with the switch, I'm about to start retailing parts and want to be absolutely clear and honest with what I sell. I've never seen a switch this size rated at 25a. Switches generally at this sort of amperage are big clunky things, not small and slick like this one. I've got an order coming from China and I'm going to have to pull one apart to see how they're made and compare them I think. Thanks for your help.

Sent from somewhere deep and dark in the mod making pit!

Back
Top Bottom