What's new

vietnam zippo ecig mod lighter from vapesmarter

vapesmarter

Mod Maker
This came about from @vapemac she was interested what it would look like so here it is

Vietnam Zippo, what?

yep I was a child of the 60s and had the privilege to meet a Vietnam vet and he had a zippo as in those days everyone smoked like a trooper (pun intended)

he was in the Air Cavalry (1st battalion) and flew "hogs" as in Huey helicopter gunships I got to know him very well he was as all vets, struck hard by the war and the loss of life

This is a replica of his Zippo lighter

This is a vaporesso ecig lighter it is the same style as normal zippo has a small battery is auto fire small tank and coil easy to use discrete a real head turner

as you can see it is engraved with the years he was in Vietnam and his nickname

IMG_3777.jpg

on the back is what he had engraved which read "when I die bury me face down so the world can kiss my ASS" and "1st Aircav"

IMG_3778.jpg

now the zippo I have distressed, worn away from use in the field

IMG_3780.jpg

it comes in a worn old looking box all military like, battered and bruised the insert is old and worn also i want this to look old not all new a trick of the eye

"whats that a Vietnam zippo"

"no a Vietnam vape zippo"

"WTF"

IMG_3781.jpg

Alfies paw is in the lid

IMG_3783.jpg

it comes with the instructions spare coil I have used one to test the lighter works (i will wash this out) USB charger lead (the original USB lead Alfie took a fancy too and chewed it)

IMG_3784.jpg

This will be in the shed sub £50 I know you can buy the lighters new for less but can you engrave them box them distress them plus I'm making no money on this I did this as a bit of fun it is an original a talking point

so if you love my mods

then like them give the little guy a chance and ....buy one.

Last edited:
This came about from @vapemac she was interested what it would look like so here it is

Vietnam Zippo, what?

yep I was a child of the 60s and had the privilege to meet a Vietnam vet and he had a zippo as in those days everyone smoked like a trooper (pun intended)

he was in the Air Cavalry (1st battalion) and flew "hogs" as in Huey helicopter gunships I got to know him very well he was as all vets, struck hard by the war and the loss of life

This is a replica of his Zippo lighter

This is a vaporesso ecig lighter it is the same style as normal zippo has a small battery is auto fire small tank and coil easy to use discrete a real head turner

as you can see it is engraved with the years he was in Vietnam and his nickname

View attachment 140111

on the back is what he had engraved which read "when I die bury me face down so the world can kiss my ASS" and "1st Aircav"

View attachment 140112

now the zippo I have distressed, worn away from use in the field

View attachment 140113

it comes in a worn old looking box all military like, battered and bruised the insert is old and worn also i want this to look old not all new a trick of the eye

"whats that a Vietnam zippo"

"no a Vietnam vape zippo"

"WTF"

View attachment 140114

Alfies paw is in the lid

View attachment 140115

it comes with the instructions spare coil I have used one to test the lighter works (i will wash this out) USB charger lead (the original USB lead Alfie took a fancy too and chewed it)

View attachment 140116

This will be in the shed sub £50 I know you can buy the lighters new for less but can you engrave them box them distress them plus I'm making no money on this I did this as a bit of fun it is an original a talking point

so if you love my mods

then like them give the little guy a chance and ....buy one.

No that wasn't me, i was after you to figure out the logistics of putting together a regulated side by side mod for me. @Michael jackson was nipping you for the zippo lighter :)

Looking good good thought!

I used to collect Zippo lighters and had a couple of Nam ones in there. The bury me upside down quote was a popular one. When the prices started to shoot up copies started showing up, so you couldn't be sure of what a t you were getting. At least we know yours is a definite one of original.

I used to collect Zippo lighters and had a couple of Nam ones in there. The bury me upside down quote was a popular one. When the prices started to shoot up copies started showing up, so you couldn't be sure of what a t you were getting. At least we know yours is a definite one of original.

I got to know him very well he few solo and got his wings but after a punch-up he was demoted to a crew chief (hence chief which stuck as his nickname) for his first tour (as in his words "what were they going to do send me to Vietnam") on his second tour he flew slicks (no guns) as a pilot, flew over 1200 hours then got shot and he had done his bit. he left the aircav, flew cargo then commercial and lived next door after falling in love with a girl on BA cabin crew.

he was my neighbour at the time and I would go round and moan about work (i still do moan) he would sit and patiently listen then say

"you know what a bad day is"

"go on then" me

"well you know its a bad when every fucker is trying to kill you"

enough said.....

@vapesmarter

This Zippo mod is beautiful.

Sorry to be a bit dense, but do you make them to sell? I couldn't find it in the Shed last time I looked.

But I can be thicker than 100% VG, lol.... :)

Ah...sorry if I'm jumping the gun!

I wonder....I have a Zippo which would make a lovely mod. I'd have to find it as it's buried somewhere up I the loft...Do you do commissions? :)

Ah...sorry if I'm jumping the gun!

I wonder....I have a Zippo which would make a lovely mod. I'd have to find it as it's buried somewhere up I the loft...Do you do commissions? :)

the zippo is up for sale in the shed

this is a one off commision yes commisions, with zippos no, I have no future plans to do any, this really was a one off

Last edited:
hi ive got a old zippo lighter some were here at home it belonged to my dad i no he had it in the 60s inside the top of the lid the number 37 is engraved in it i have never known why it has this number engraved in it nor did my dad ive had zippos in the past myself when i smoked but none of them had a number engraved inside the lid like my dads old one has i would love to no if anyone knows why it has this number thanks for reading my post and look forward any info members have for me many thanks...........

@BULLDOG1964

I've not come across a lid number in all the Zippos I've owned over the years (mind you, I never particularly looked!)
When you say top of the lid, you mean inside the very top of the lid itself?

I did a quick trawl round the usual Zippo collector googles...nothing I could see. Intriguing.
Could the lid have been a factory replacment I wonder?

Back
Top Bottom