What's new

Variable wattage design

EMcG

Initiate
Hi Guys,

Was just wondering if anyone on here has ever attempted to design their own VW pcb for their mod?

I know there's loads of designs for a VV PCB but I cant find any for VW....Is it too complicated??

If you're an electronic engineer, I'm sure it's possible. I know there's a few people designing one. For me, it's a bit over my head, although I keep getting pushed to look at Arduino boards and doing it that way.

If you're an electronic engineer, I'm sure it's possible. I know there's a few people designing one. For me, it's a bit over my head, although I keep getting pushed to look at Arduino boards and doing it that way.

Yeah the VV designs look straight forward after seeing a few online. I cant seem to find anything at all about VW which is making me think the circuitry isnt "varying the wattage" and is varying something else which changes the watts.

I know that power (w) = V2/R

So varying the voltage or resistance would cause the power to change... i.e using a variable resistor, Thats as far as I have got.... I've not had a look at arduinos yet but they look interesting...

Yeah the VV designs look straight forward after seeing a few online. I cant seem to find anything at all about VW which is making me think the circuitry isnt "varying the wattage" and is varying something else which changes the watts.

I know that power (w) = V2/R

So varying the voltage or resistance would cause the power to change... i.e using a variable resistor, Thats as far as I have got.... I've not had a look at arduinos yet but they look interesting...

Yeah, I've not got too far into it. With an Arduino, you do need to know the C programming language for them to do anything. I've just had a quick chat with someone about producing a program for me to give me a stupid wattage Arduino, for the AxMod line. These'll probably be produced in a small number as a one-off run, but it'll be funny as hell to release it.

Back
Top Bottom