What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Unregulated Triple Series. Advice Please!!

That's not the way it works at all. In the previous posted example firing a 1ohm load would be a max of 12.6A, with a series setup each battery would be providing 12.6A regardless of it's position in the circuit. Within reason and with fairly equally matched internal resistance of the batteries this should be pretty damn close.

Well then it would appear that my endeavours to learn more about battery safety have been somewhat pointless. Oh well.

Not Trying to be a cunt, just 12V is quite extreme.

12.6V @ 1Ω = 158W @ 12.6A (so within your batteries limits).

But, is the MOD regulated with a MOSFET, as 12A is over the ratting of the vast majority of switches.....meaning one-day it could decide to fuse the poles in the switch and stay firing, and a very unpleasant chain of events.

...That's not the way it works at all. In the previous posted example firing a 1ohm load would be a max of 12.6A, with a series setup each battery would be providing 12.6A regardless of it's position in the circuit. Within reason and with fairly equally matched internal resistance of the batteries this should be pretty damn close.

This is where people go wrong. They assume they're getting the full 12.6v, when firing, but you're not, it's the same as a tube mech. The more batteries in series, the more sag you get from them. I mean generally resting, a Triple Series will be ~12.4v when you fire it, it drops drastically. You're looking at somewhere between 10.5 & 11 volts, yes it's a lot but can be manageable.

Tbh, the OP was a valid question imo, these things can be nasty to Vape on if you don't get the right build on them. Battery safety is a key factor, having a matched set is necessary, but if you treat it right, it's fine.

So @EssexBoy, I hope this and my other post clear some things up.

::Edit:

Also TruckinVaper is right with the way the batteries are.

Last edited:
This is where people go wrong. They assume they're getting the full 12.6v

Nothing wrong with calculating safety parameters based on perfect components values (this is standard practice), the problem is when people use ~ as a safety parameter.

Nothing wrong with calculating safety parameters based on perfect components values (this is standard practice), the problem is when people use ~ as a safety parameter.

True, although imo, it's better to know exactly what the voltage is (hence my mods being volt metered as standard), so you can work out what wattage you're hitting.

Back
Top Bottom