What's new

Unregulated Triple Series. Advice Please!!

EssexBoy

Achiever
I am awaiting the arrival of an insane triple 18650 series box.

Can I have some suggestions on how low can I build? My intention is to not go any lower than 1ohm and what batteries are suggested. I'm currently using 35a AWTs but tempted to go for 40a as a precaution.

Suggestions??

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

OK, it worries me that you are asking this and are about to get a triple series box:11:

OK, it worries me that you are asking this and are about to get a triple series box:11:

Really?? I understand battery safety and I'm sensible with my builds I've just never vaped at 12V.

Really?? I understand battery safety and I'm sensible with my builds I've just never vaped at 12V.

Not Trying to be a cunt, just 12V is quite extreme.

12.6V @ 1Ω = 158W @ 12.6A (so within your batteries limits).

But, is the MOD regulated with a MOSFET, as 12A is over the ratting of the vast majority of switches.....meaning one-day it could decide to fuse the poles in the switch and stay firing, and a very unpleasant chain of events.

Not Trying to be a cunt, just 12V is quite extreme.

12.6V @ 1Ω = 158W @ 12.6A (so within your batteries limits).

But, is the MOD regulated with a MOSFET, as 12A is over the ratting of the vast majority of switches.....meaning one-day it could decide to fuse the poles in the switch and stay firing, and a very unpleasant chain of events.

He could always use one of these! :18:

images

And you could always use it to start the car if the battery goes flat.................

As someone with a little, but not (IMO) enough battery knowledge, I would not touch a triple series mod, parallell maybe, but not series. Way too much power going to the atty, plus some serious strain on the lead battery as the power from the other two are going through it.

I am awaiting the arrival of an insane triple 18650 series box.

Can I have some suggestions on how low can I build? My intention is to not go any lower than 1ohm and what batteries are suggested. I'm currently using 35a AWTs but tempted to go for 40a as a precaution.

Suggestions??

Hi,
I'm looking at a triple as well. I've used dual series and am contemplating a triple. BC Box mods sells an unregulated triple 18650 and they seem to have a good reputation. On their website for the triple it says... WARRANTY COVERS DOWN TO .45
That is a huge amount of power and I have no intention of using it with such a high wattage. I suggest you ask the vendor from whom you are purchasing the triple from what wattage the device will safely support. I certainly hope they use an appropriate mosfet and a fuse would be good too. If not then don't buy it and look elsewhere. I'll go up to 260 watts for now but that is about my limit. and I only do so with an appropriate atty and build.
I wish you well and don't get hurt. FYI... I'm not liable if you do something dumb. :) Run at your own risk.

Ok, gonna step in here.

I build Triple Series Boxes. While I guarantee them down to 0.3, they are pretty much unvapable at that level. I'd recommend not going below 1 Ohm. 1.2-1.3 is the sweet spot for them. I'm about to actually do a full public release of my Triple S, it should be in the next week or so. I'm just getting some tests done with engraving and then they're full public release.

As someone with a little, but not (IMO) enough battery knowledge, I would not touch a triple series mod, parallell maybe, but not series.

A parallel can be just as bad in the wrong hands. Say you max out your build for your three batteries and lose connection on two of them, the atty would still fire only now the load is going through just one battery. Lose even a single battery connection in a series setup and it just doesn't work. The biggest concern for me about going high voltage is the consequences of an accidental short multiply as the battery count goes up, easily taken care of with a fuse, and I'd really want to be measuring internal resistance of the batteries to make up matched sets. (Not that it's a road I want to go down)

Way too much power going to the atty, plus some serious strain on the lead battery as the power from the other two are going through it.

That's not the way it works at all. In the previous posted example firing a 1ohm load would be a max of 12.6A, with a series setup each battery would be providing 12.6A regardless of it's position in the circuit. Within reason and with fairly equally matched internal resistance of the batteries this should be pretty damn close.

Back
Top Bottom