What's new

Towards a single battery Hexohm

domejunky

Achiever
This has been a long term goal for me - to find a board that would give the same functionality as a Hexohm but work with a single battery. I don't mind mechs and unregulated mods for semi cloudy atties - but I've always struggled to get a build that works with an MTL atty.

When my better half began her Kayfun Mini V3 addiction - she just refused to get used to a box mod. I ended up getting her an Ego One CT and an Exceed D19 - both shitty little 19mm tube mods. The thing these had in common was that they didn't put out whatever was in the battery - instead they put out a constant 3.3v, until the battery drops below 3.3v. Once you find a good build you get a consistent vape from fully charged to exhausted.

So I've found a board that does the same. It's taken me years of scrolling through data sheets, but the Artesyn LDO06C and LDO010C do 6amp and 10amp at 1v to 5.1v

It's way smaller than I was expecting - I thought it would be the same as an OKR board. Going to build a little Hammond 1550p box with it over the weekend, see how it vapes...

IMG_20201127_142247.jpg

Last edited:
Interested to see how this turns out

Watch this space - might be a hack, but I've set myself the goal of a little squonker over the weekend. I've got a 3D printed insert for a Hammond 1550p. It was designed for a MOSFET, but this is about the same size maybe smaller...

If I'm barking up the wrong tree tell me but aren't these pretty much what you're describing you've been looking for.
They're either bypass or constant voltage.

https://www.cigabuy.com/authentic-j...-d22c-starter-kit-3000mah-silver-p-20038.html
Yes. That's the same circuit as the D19 I imagine

I should have explained my post-apocolyptic obsession..and the need for a squonker for my Origen Little. I just feel like this temporary conduit between China and landfill if I buy stuff like that D22

So didn't manage to make a squonker - pillar drill in storage and a dead fan on my 3D printer.

But I stuck it in an old Cloupor enclosure to see how it vapes. Found a 470ohm resister (from memory) gives me a constant 3.3v and means it will cut out when the battery gets to 3.3v - or just above allowing for voltage drop.

Particularly enjoying the level of recycling I achieved. Used an old PCB that had an error, and nicked the fire switch from a dead DNA30

Vapes better than the Exceed D19 and Ego One CT. More immediate, and more consistent. Weirdly does feel a bit like a Hexohm
IMG_20201129_125750-01.jpg

Very impressed with that, how you managed to squeeze it all into such a small enclosure is mind numbing, I'm holding an 18650 battery in my hand and that's when you realise the scale :11:

Back
Top Bottom