What's new

Titanium Wire Feedback

Had a bit of build up on the wick, cursed it when I said it was still going. Started to get a burnt taste. So stripped it down and rewound a new coil and washed the crap off the silica wick. Guess the UKV has a Stainless mesh wick.

Had a bit of build up on the wick, cursed it when I said it was still going. Started to get a burnt taste. So stripped it down and rewound a new coil and washed the crap off the silica wick. Guess the UKV has a Stainless mesh wick.

Sorry Jimsie didn't spot your post during the Christmas madness.

Yes the UKVA has a ss wick in it although you can set it up with silica too. Mine is still going although it's not had much use over the last week. I tend to keep it at my desk on a vv mod with two 3400mAh batteries in it as my workhorse during the day.

When I ordered the Ti wire I ordered some medical grade 2 titanium rod for Jim the maker of the UKVA as a Christmas pressie. So as a pressie in return he's made me a UKVA out of Ti. Check this bad boy out...

Attachments

• Robs atty 4.jpg
    Robs atty 4.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 144
  • Robs atty 5.jpg
    Robs atty 5.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 76
Fraid not, it's just too fiddly for me. I prefer the ease of kanthal. The ti is good when you get it right but I found it just too much arse ache getting it there.

Hi, yeah still using the Ti wire, have it in my Vivi nova and in the aga-t with silica wick. Got some pre cut stainless mesh coming for the aga, will try it with kanthal first and if that goes OK will try the Ti wire :). How are you getting on with it?

I've not, just found it to much hassle to get set-up, if you have a hotspot it just pops straight away which doesn't even give the chance of moving the wire about to solve it.

Maybe would work better with a bit thicker wire :)

I've not, just found it to much hassle to get set-up, if you have a hotspot it just pops straight away which doesn't even give the chance of moving the wire about to solve it.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one and the fact it's you makes me feel so much better! It was great on silica but I prefer mesh these days :(

Hi todd, does it matter what voltage you start at? Say start at 3v and then work the voltage up? Will try try it next week sometime :)

Doesn't seem to matter, it's got a quicker melting point than me on a forum in a bad mood ;)

Back
Top Bottom