What's new

Titanium Wire Feedback

stealthvape

Premium Vendor
jimsie33 mentioned this and he's right, it seems there's a drop in ohms after using it for a bit?

I made a coil at 1.4 or 1.6 earlier I forget which. Had it at 4v and it was sweet.

Now it's dropped to 1.1 but I've had to put the volts up to 4.6 which doesn't make sense.

It is however vaping like a good un :)

Yup that's right. Starts off at 1.6ohms when its heated the resistance rises about 0.4ohms. After firing checked the ohms and it had gone to 2.0ohms. Gonna try it on a vivi nova later and will let you know. For the thickness of the wire compared to the same gauge kanthal it is alot lower, I'd say about half for the same length. Will also check that later. Cheers

I've been having abit of trouble getting it to actually stay in shape to attach it genisis style. The first time it slipped loose and the end lit up like a firework! It is quite hard to work with. I'll have abit more time tomorrow to have a proper play and I'll keep you posted :)

Try this PF

A word of caution. If just a little too much heat is applied the wire will burn. Very much like magnesium. So today I decided to eliminate that risk as the only lighter I have is my turbo lighter.
So take a standard 18650/14500 or whatever you have. Then using a couple of wires connect one end to the battery & the other to the Titanium wire. Do the same with both positive & negative & touch the wire with each polarity about 3cm/1" apart for about 2 seconds. The wire will glow & that's the same as burning it with your lighter without the risk of your wire going up like a roman candle. Then move along the wire & repeat until you have prepared enough wire for your coil. Or you could always prepare more of the wire for future coils whilst you are there.
Ok so I have clips & a battery holder. But I didn't use those. I just had a battery & 2 lengths of wire & took it from there. Even a battery & a couple of teaspoons would do the job. I am rushing this post as got an atty to finish. Therefore I hope I have explained it so that its easy to understand. Took a couple of pics as they say more than words.
Hoping that saves the frustration of burning away a few cm of your expensive Titanium wire as I did mine.

It's definitely not a wire for the uninitiated but it's worth the trouble

Attachments

• Titanium coil 2.jpg
    Titanium coil 2.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 229
  • Titanium wire.jpg
    Titanium wire.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 219
  • Titanium wire 2.jpg
    Titanium wire 2.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 217
Mines not shown yet Rob ... bloody RM!

presumably just connecting a length to the pos and neg teerminals On an genesis or rebuildable atty will do the same job? then unscrew and make your coil ?

Mines not shown yet Rob ... bloody RM!

Takes the pizzle, you've got it bad where you are. I have a suspicion that Saturday delivery here depends on how many pints old misery guts had the night before.

That's a good idea about using the atty to anneal the wire mate

I'll try that tomorrow. I've got my dad here at the moment so not much time to play but he's only up for the weekend and will go home sometime tomorrow afternoon. Then it's playtime :D

Takes the pizzle, you've got it bad where you are. I have a suspicion that Saturday delivery here depends on how many pints old misery guts had the night before.

That's a good idea about using the atty to anneal the wire mate

Ya think ? remember my issues with the extremely late Vamo ?

Ive just remembered I ordered a day or so after that about £30s worth of juice from liberty flights ... that aint here yet either!

Back
Top Bottom