What's new

Thinking of making my own e pipe :)

danfoshizzle

Achiever
But my question is, for easiness sake should I use the innards of an ego battery which would also be rechargeable like an ego(I already have one I don't mind sacrificing)

Or should I build it with a box style aa holder etc? Or is there another way I have not thought of?

cheers for any help in advance guys and gals

I have one I made from a broken vGo battery. Works a treat.
The shank had to be cut down to have a part thick enough for the 14mm connector but that made it easy to reach the button with the thumb.

Buy one of stealthvapes aa box kits (great kits) and give that a try. That'll give you an insight in to what may be involved.

No stranger to a soldering iron, used to be heavily involved in console modding.

I have had an ego in pieces and the electronics are simple enough, I can then fit the ego connection on the pipe stem hopefully, just need to find a nice looking tobacco pipe, and some sort of medallion to fill in the bowls opening, and a place to put the button :)

Once I start will make a new thread with pics!

Posting the pictures would be great as I would like to have a go too. E-Pipes are sooo expensive (even for bulk buy). I could stock the "Danfoshizzle Pipe Mod" if it's good, lol

Lol first try will be my experiment, finding bits and pieces for finishing touches that I would like will keep me busy for a little while, if you happen to stumble upon a nice wooden pipe and its cheap let me know
:D

Also where would be best to get hold of a vv board, or is stealthvape the only place that sells mod parts? Its not something I have looked for before :P

Maybe start using a battery holder or tin till you get used to the circuits. Or even better buy a breadboard and work the wiring out on that first then you can think about getting it all into a pipe.

Have some breadboard here, Just need to pick up some parts soon, would never go full steam ahead, lost too many hours doing that in the past lol :P

If you did one of the early chip installs on a Wii you'll have no problems doing an OKR mod. I wonder how you'd fit 2 batteries into a pipe though.

Maybe use a texas instruments boost chip so you only need one batt. Theres schematics on the breakthru forums

There's a few pipes on deal extreme that might be good for a proto as they pretty cheap, no idea on the quality.

Wife is moaning about keyboard tapping noises so I'd better go hehe

Back
Top Bottom