What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

The Gripper Mod - Modded.

Bryan123456

Achiever
Grrr - I am not a fan of cartomizers - which IMHO should either be placed in a tank or the bin. So when this thing arrived, with an extension tube and I saw how long the tube was, and the device was with a proper bit of kit on it I almost gave up. But nope, I'd fit a Bud atomizer in it, wouldn't I? I would, if it would have fitted into the incredibly small tube designed, yup, to take cartomizers. Manufacturers who design just for cartos deserve to fail.

gripper-mod.jpg
As supplied - with cartomizer only tube

Then I rationalized - I'd never use it as supplied, so a bit of quick and dirty work with a rotary tool (yet to be polished) and....

tada!

gripper mod modded small.jpg
As modded - tube internal diameter increased, tube cut away and shortened.

Which is what I wanted for work - fitted with Bud tank atomizer and working - capable of taking a standard 510 atomizer too.

Last edited:
And that is what it's all about really, in a nutshell! Bet you couldn't make it fit a 6ml Pyrex tank though.

Nice bit of modding Bryan though I'd take a carto over a bud every day of the week ;)

Nice bit of modding Bryan though I'd take a carto over a bud every day of the week ;)

Thank you Mark. I still have the box of virgin Boges that came with my Boge bottom feeder - which is on my Mod list. This should do well for work - I tool my Old Goat in and it got filthy and needed cleaning inside after 1 night in my pocket - I should only need to look after the mouthpiece on this :).

Thank you Mark. I still have the box of virgin Boges that came with my Boge bottom feeder - which is on my Mod list. This should do well for work - I tool my Old Goat in and it got filthy and needed cleaning inside after 1 night in my pocket - I should only need to look after the mouthpiece on this :).
Got to be good if it gets you off the rollies at work mate..and if disaster strikes and it gets bust ...15 quid?

Back
Top Bottom