What's new

the glorious squid double barrel revamp thread

What you sealing it off with when you're done Stu?

I’ve found that on the squids that only a small percentage have been sealed around the lid

On this squid no seal or traces of seal I could see

Looking at the design it seems pointless to seal around where the board top seats next to the barrel as the lcd panel is not sealed neither is the 510 sealed that well

In all the design is sound and it would take pennies to make the v2 a better mod but it has been superceeded by the v3 to which I read has been anodised for me as a maker a nickle heavy plate is more sturdy than an anodised finish but it depends anodising although good is tricky to produce in such a small format

Edit I’m watching JFK on the dvd in the workshop so conspiracy....easy way to stop juice getting around the edges on a 510 well you use a swirl guard now oddly did Oswald shoot Kennedy? and more oddly in the squid box you get two swirl guards hmmmmm

Sorry, I meant the finish, lacquer it or leave it exposed?

No need to

lacquer will just peel off it will chip and peel on any finish as it needs a mechanical or chemical bond both of which defeat the point

Case in point your moms best cutlery is it EPNS aka electro plated nickle silver ?

Nickle is not as hard wearing as stainless but it’s close

I did it six months ago on a squid it’s took some hard wearing but it’s still shiny it’s down to the plating at the end of the day squid if your reading this ping me let’s talk about plating :2thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom